Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

Measuring your steering wheel's thickness while you sleep
    Thanks

de-railing my own attempt at getting the thread back on track, but i can't let this go :/

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I don't even know why this is an argument. I made 1 reply based on a statement you made that winter tires are only $300... Which literally everybody has come in here to say you're fucking stupid. All of these horribly shitty drivers you're saying should be MANDATED to buy a set of winter tires, are the type of people who are going to walk into Kal Tire or some such place and pay full price. These aren't the people who scour the internet for a good deal, and do all their research ahead of time. Jesus.

Then educate them. Have a list of approved retailers. Provide information on how to select the right tire. Fuck, do an RFP and have vendors submit proposals. Look around at other jurisdictions' experiences, what did they do? How do their citizens survive? Or make mandatory M+S instead of pure winters and the MaverickXeos of the world can drive around on their AT tires. There are many options to roll a program like this out, broseph.
    Originally posted by Veer780
    If animals should be "released to live free" then why are people sitting in jails... they are technically animals too why aren't they free? PETA is stupid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post
    Then educate them. Have a list of approved retailers. Provide information on how to select the right tire. Fuck, do an RFP and have vendors submit proposals. Look around at other jurisdictions' experiences, what did they do? How do their citizens survive? Or make mandatory M+S instead of pure winters and the MaverickXeos of the world can drive around on their AT tires. There are many options to roll a program like this out, broseph.
    Now now.. don't go lumping all ATs in the same category. The ATs I run in the summer and last winter actually have the 3 peak severe weather rating and are almost as good in the winter as my actual winters.. the winters are ever so slightly better on glare ice.

Thanks

Since this thread has moved onto winter tires, thought I would ask a quick question, rather than make a new one.

Anyone have reviews on
    SAILUN TERRAMAX 3PMS A/T BSW? I am being offered a set of 4 for $375 less than the set of Duratracs I'm originally looking at. Is the savings worth it? Or should I stick with Duratracs?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    Now now.. don't go lumping all ATs in the same category. The ATs I run in the summer and last winter actually have the 3 peak severe weather rating and are almost as good in the winter as my actual winters.. the winters are ever so slightly better on glare ice.
    Aren't most A/T tires rated with that rating? My 'cheap' ones are.

Thanks

[QUOTE=AudiInProgress;1877060 I made 1 reply based on a statement [/QUOTE]

No, you made one reply based on not fucking reading what was actually posted, and instead formulating what you wish I had said instead and then went off on some fucking stupid response to a statement that was never made.

So yes, you are a fucking retard. Learn to read. Winter tires are cheap. The majority of cars sold aren't coming with 18+" rims, usually 17" at most, and if you are driving a $30k car, you can afford a $600-$800 set of tires, end of discussion. If you can't, you should probably manage your finances better. And to tie it all back around, your FUCKING TAXES WOULD BE LOWER because of the costs associated with salting the roads and damage to infrastructure being mitigated you stunted cunt.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. #ramowner

Edit-
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Which literally everybody has come in here to say you're fucking stupid.
    Yes, stupid for presenting the facts and not being some knee jerk cocksuck that can't do anything besides go get his asshole reamed by KalTire. Sorry for being fucking stupid, but clearly not as fucking idiotic as you are if you can't find inexpensive winter tires :Rofl:
    Last edited by HiTempguy; January 24th, 2018 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks

HiTempguy, serious question: Are you going through menopause?

Because it's like a switch flipped one day and you appear to be frothing at the mouth whenever you want to get a point across these days. It's getting old, man.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the_fornicator For This Useful Post:

ResidentEVO (January 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickXeo View Post
    Aren't most A/T tires rated with that rating? My 'cheap' ones are.
    I just looked, and it is more than I thought. When I bought mine that didn't seem to be the case, but I only looked at a fairly small sampling back then.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    HiTempguy, serious question: Are you going through menopause?

Because it's like a switch flipped one day and you appear to be frothing at the mouth whenever you want to get a point across these days. It's getting old, man.

For. Fucking. Real.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    No, you made one reply based on not fucking reading what was actually posted, and instead formulating what you wish I had said instead and then went off on some fucking stupid response to a statement that was never made.

So yes, you are a fucking retard. Learn to read. Winter tires are cheap. The majority of cars sold aren't coming with 18+" rims, usually 17" at most, and if you are driving a $30k car, you can afford a $600-$800 set of tires, end of discussion. If you can't, you should probably manage your finances better. And to tie it all back around, your FUCKING TAXES WOULD BE LOWER because of the costs associated with salting the roads and damage to infrastructure being mitigated you stunted cunt.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. #ramowner

Edit-

Yes, stupid for presenting the facts and not being some knee jerk cocksuck that can't do anything besides go get his asshole reamed by KalTire. Sorry for being fucking stupid, but clearly not as fucking idiotic as you are if you can't find inexpensive winter tires :Rofl:

Alright, let's get some shit straight right-away. Here is EXACTLY what you said;

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Yes, but when taken in the context of not spending tax payers dollars foolishly on so much plowing/sanding/calcium chloride dumping, does that change your opinion?

Because that's my viewpoint. I can't possibly imagine how much it costs us to do all these things (including in damaged infrastructure, something that is rarely taken into account) vs requiring everyone to buy a $300 set of Walmart winter tires.

Assuming that $300 is a reasonable budget for winter tires for EVERYONE (actually anyone?) is fucking retarded. NOBODY is buying a full set of winter tires for $300. Maybe, MAYBE, if you drive some chevy citation or some other tiny little shit car that runs 14"s.

I don't give 2 fucks what you may have gone on to say, or elaborate on, pages and pages after your initial comment. THAT COMMENT, IN QUOTES, WITH NO OTHER CONTEXT, IS WHAT I REPLIED TO. So did many many other users.

In my personal situation, winter tires would cost AT LEAST $800, or, on the other end of the spectrum, up-to $1600.

I am not a horrible immigrant driver who has never seen snow before. I keep my vehicle in tip-top shape and I know how to drive for conditions, having driven through Edmonton winters for probably 18-20 years.

I was not saying I can't afford tires, or that I can't find a good deal every now again...

IN FACT... I SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT OTHER DRIVERS. THE EXACT DRIVERS THAT YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING THE PROBLEM. THEY'RE THE PEOPLE WHO WON'T KNOW HOW TO FIND A GOOD DEAL.

Whatever. I'm done. Fight me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Ok everyone take a deep breath.

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyanide Ride For This Useful Post:

Markous (January 25th, 2018)