Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Also, I can't believe how slippery it is out there!

So much snow! And a nice layer of ice on the bottom of everything.

Stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AudiInProgress For This Useful Post:

LOLJDM (January 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Tons of places locally sell Hankook. Including; Tire Craft, The Tire Warehouse, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Trail Tire, Fountain Tire, every dealership and every little mom and pop auto shop in the city...

I've personally purchased and run; Hankook Ventus (street truck tires), Hankook Optimo (passenger car tires), Hankook iPike (winter tires), and Hankook DynaPro (aggressive truck tires)

I have nothing bad to say about any of them.
    My mom's car runs Hankook Optima tires, she tore a coupld chunks out of the sidewall, not enough to deflate the tire, but enough it wasn't safe for a 2week trip to the mountains. My only real complaint is a it was $364/tire to replace.. it was the OEM tire on her Kia... Neededless to say I put Yoko's on her car. I can't remember the exact tire... I jsut know it's the same tire I'm darksiding on my bike right now :P

Thanks

I am having the time of my life on the streets right now haha oodles of horsepower and lots of fresh snow.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Since moving out of the city I drive (sled?) over unplowed range roads and rarely plowed secondary highways and then the Yellowhead... when I get into the city, I have to say the roads in town are shite.

Thankfully the I put Nokian Hakkas from my Cq on the Golf (after I realized some dick hole stole two of my spare Nokians from the back yard at my rental) and they're grabbing traction like a champ.

Wonder how long they'll keep up with this pilot project before they scrap it in favour of traditional abatement? Or refine the process enough that it works as intended...
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    If only there was some sort of gritty substance under the snow. Very small, hard irregular shaped things. Made of minerals. We could call it sand? Its coarse and gets everywhere.

Nope were stuck with ice under the snow now.
    AwardAllInternetPoints.exe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pry4sno View Post
    Since moving out of the city I drive (sled?) over unplowed range roads and rarely plowed secondary highways and then the Yellowhead... when I get into the city, I have to say the roads in town are shite.

Thankfully the I put Nokian Hakkas from my Cq on the Golf (after I realized some dick hole stole two of my spare Nokians from the back yard at my rental) and they're grabbing traction like a champ.

Wonder how long they'll keep up with this pilot project before they scrap it in favour of traditional abatement? Or refine the process enough that it works as intended...

I agree. The roads are terrible inside edmonton. The highways, and all the surrounding cities have way better conditions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    If only there was some sort of gritty substance under the snow. Very small, hard irregular shaped things. Made of minerals. We could call it sand? Its coarse and gets everywhere.

Nope were stuck with ice under the snow now.
    Fuk that, this is what Edmonton calls sand. I'll take the ice for 3 days a year over my car looking like a rusted out dented Delorean with a smashed windshield.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (January 30th, 2018), LOLJDM (February 12th, 2018), MZSPD (January 30th, 2018), ResidentEVO (January 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Fuk that, this is what Edmonton calls sand. I'll take the ice for 3 days a year over my car looking like a rusted out dented Delorean with a smashed windshield.
    3 days a year? What city do you live in? It's winter in this dump for like 8 months. And snow or not the roads have been slippery as fuck this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Buy winter tires? There have only been 2 days this winter so far where the roads are what I'd call slippery.