First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Default Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

Ok, there is is, the formulation that Edmonton is using on the roads:

According to a city memo, the mix ratio Kortech created has:

26 to 28 per cent calcium chloride
    .25 to 1 per cent magnesium hydroxide
    -5 to 8 per cent magnesium chloride/sodium chloride and potassium chloride
    -64 to 66 per cent water

There are NO rust inhibitor ingredients (unless someone else knows something I don't which is always possible)

Magnesium chloride/sodium chloride and potassium chloride is "Plegisol" which is some kind of cardiovascular agent

https://globalnews.ca/news/3944691/e...edium=Facebook

This is one of the few companies that make the de-icing formulation with the rust inhibitor that I know of: http://www.peterschemical.com/minimi...cium-chloride/

Thanks COE.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

Yup.. thanks COE.. I have a brand new chrome front bumper on my #RAM, that already has rust spots forming and it was just installed in August.

Thanks

Do i need to take to more vitamin D to help with my newfound calcium intake?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 595 Posts

i hate this shit on the henday. it instantly drys on the windshield so wipers are useless unless you constantly spray with washerfluid. If my washer fluid light goes on I literally could not have enough fluid to go from work to home depending on the day.

They also still dump gravel for grit on the henday, so what hte fuck is the point. the front of my car is blasted to hell, and the rest is going to rot out... all so some asshole can drive on summer tires in -15? fuck that guy, I hope he dies.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

BrandonDSM (January 8th, 2018), Delphi (January 11th, 2018), Driven (January 6th, 2018), seatsafetyswitch (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 782 Posts

Magnesium Hydroxide is an extremely potent base. It's as corrosive as an acid, but people would've lost their skinny jeans and spilled their West Coast IPAs if they put Carbonic ACID in it. "Hydroxide" sounds so gender-neutral.
    Iveson is a coil of shit, loosely wrapped in burnt hair. I hope his bicycle wheels fall off from rust and his neighbours double-up skinny houses flanking him while he recovers at home and develops an opiod addiction.
    Eight more years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JugZ For This Useful Post:

chalupa (January 10th, 2018)

Thanks

I moved out of the city. Problem solved, fuck every low level politician in this province. How did he get back in again??

Thanks

Iím going to be interested in the stats on how the number of accents compare from last winter to this one. If itís much lower then good, if it doesnít change that not good.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    I’m going to be interested in the stats on how the number of accents compare from last winter to this one. If it’s much lower then good, if it doesn’t change that not good.
    They'll adjust the stats to look good, plus we've had a fairly snow free winter this year.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    They'll adjust the stats to look good, plus we've had a fairly snow free winter this year.
    This.

I expect a fairly hot summer though.

Temperature swings seem to be the norm now.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."