Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 602 Posts

sold a set of new haidas to a coworker for his ram, $460ish all in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

EM2FTL (January 22nd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Nobody said that anywhere. And if you have a vehicle with 20" rims, you can certainly afford an $800 set of tires. Of course, as also stated (if you know, you actually read the responses rather than just wanting to post as soon as you saw winter tires for $300), there would be a cost reduction in your taxes.

I get that its a hard concept to grasp, but try to keep up mkay?
    Where does this mentality come from? Lots of vehicles these days come with large diameter wheels, and aren't necessarily expensive automobiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

I'm looking for a set of decent winters (new/used) for my farm truck. Black and round or name brand doesn't matter, just need something that I can let the woman drive the pigs to freezer camp and not worry. If anyone has/knows of a set for cheap I'm all ears!

235/75r16
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

nothing but tires has a set of michelin winter tires in roughly that size, brand new, $600

or they have a set of michelin all seasons used for $400

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Lots of vehicles these days come with large diameter wheels, and aren't necessarily expensive automobiles.
    Do you even have the capacity to read an entire post? Just an honest question.

Note the "THERE WOULD BE A COST REDUCTION IN YOUR TAXES"

And also, no inexpensive vehicle comes with 20's on it. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point. Most vehicles with 18" or larger rims are going to be over $30k, decidedly the price point where if you ponied up $1k for larger rims in your purchase, you can afford $600 in tires. Or in the case of #ramowners, $800 for dem deuces.

Thanks

Also, not to mention when your #ram falls apart from rust

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...ing-everything

Way back in 1975, Transport Canada estimated that de-icing salts were causing $200 in damage per car, per year — the equivalent of $854 in 2017.
    Shit, facts and numbers! What is this?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazy240sx View Post
    Those trucks are notorious for having rotten tailgates, and the rear wheel arches. I run the Armaguard in south edmonton, and those drain holes stay open after we spray them. The problem is, the bottom edge of the drain hole, ends approx. 1/4" above the bottom fold of tailgate so water and salt all gets trapped in that fold at the bottom of the tailgate.
    Can you quote me for a box liner for a 2007 Ram 1500 6ft box? Thank you

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Do you even have the capacity to read an entire post? Just an honest question.

Note the "THERE WOULD BE A COST REDUCTION IN YOUR TAXES"

And also, no inexpensive vehicle comes with 20's on it. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point. Most vehicles with 18" or larger rims are going to be over $30k, decidedly the price point where if you ponied up $1k for larger rims in your purchase, you can afford $600 in tires. Or in the case of #ramowners, $800 for dem deuces.
    Since when is $30K an expensive vehicle? Isn't that like, base model Honda civic money? I'm not embarrassed at all. If you're embarrassed for me, that's your problem. And, again, who the fuck are you to say what people can afford? "Oh, but there will be a tax break..." that's fine, come tax time, but doesn't necessarily mean John Doe can just magically come up with $800 for another set of tires.

I don't even know why this is an argument. I made 1 reply based on a statement you made that winter tires are only $300... Which literally everybody has come in here to say you're fucking stupid. All of these horribly shitty drivers you're saying should be MANDATED to buy a set of winter tires, are the type of people who are going to walk into Kal Tire or some such place and pay full price. These aren't the people who scour the internet for a good deal, and do all their research ahead of time. Jesus.

Measuring your steering wheel's thickness while you sleep
    Thanks

Fuck this tire discussion (tho for the record I agree with hitemp (annnnd hell just froze over) that we need better training and mandatory winters.

ANYWAYS

The key issue here is the city's pilot program, and what we can do to stop it. I've had a dialogue going with the City since November and it's been fucking painful - they came back after 2 months with a long response about how they're concerned with environmental damage to the river, but don't worry because they're monitoring it. This is in response to several emails I wrote in about potential damage to personal vehicles and public/private infrastructure (concrete). The staffer who wrote to me did make a point of noting this was a council decision however, so the path seems clear to me. Write your Councillor. Write the mayor's office. Write to the news. Make as much noise as you can about this. If anyone would like a template letter to send, PM me or post in here. If we can make this enough of an issue, elected officials will not want to continue.
    Originally posted by Veer780
    If animals should be "released to live free" then why are people sitting in jails... they are technically animals too why aren't they free? PETA is stupid.