Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Lf Toyota mr2 guru

Thanks

Default Lf Toyota mr2 guru

Cars running rough. Oil in the intercooler pipes.

Looking for someone to stop by that has experience with the 3sgte. Id like to also do a leakdown and compression test.

If you know your shit, give me a shout. Willing to pay or work something out. Cars sitting in my heated garage north end edmonton.

Thanks

Bump

I cannot figure out where the oil is coming from! Anyone around know these engines!??

Really missing Rob @Omega right now lol.

Thanks

sounds like you have excessive blowby. One or more of your cylinders may be toast

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takayuki View Post
    sounds like you have excessive blowby. One or more of your cylinders may be toast
    this. Sounds like cylinder 3 ringlands claim another 3s. RIP

Gen 2 or Gen 3? How much oil? Have you tried pulling plug wires one at a time while it's idling to try and narrow it down to a cylinder?

IIRC "some" oil in the hot pipe is normal in a gen 2, but if it's excessive then that combined with the rough running points towards blowby from fucked rings/ringlands. I have a compression tester and many hours sweating in, around, and underneath my MR2. Happy to share it if needed.

Also MR2OC may be mostly dead now, but it's a easily searched treasure trove of a decades+ worth of info using google: "site:mr2oc.com oil intercooler pipe" or whatever.
    Last edited by ThaShiznit; June 2nd, 2018 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks

2nd on the blowby.

I believe Rob opened another shop, but more geared towards wiring stuff. https://www.facebook.com/tuctinc/

If you need any help, shoot me a PM. I live right by you and have done everything on my old SW20.

I think my brother bought your old Turbo Integra...