Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 10 to 17 of 17

Thread: Dangerous New Telephone Scam

  1. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 109 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    How do they make your spouses (or whomever's) picture show up when the number has a 1 in front of it??

  2. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,804
    Thanks
    4,473
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowryder99 View Post
    How do they make your spouses (or whomever's) picture show up when the number has a 1 in front of it??
    Probably because "smartphone" and 10 of the 11 digits match exactly...
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowryder99 View Post
    How do they make your spouses (or whomever's) picture show up when the number has a 1 in front of it??
    Maybe Audi is right, but it's amazing. You're definitely going to answer and when the other person takling isn't who you expect, that shock element immediately catches you way off guard and the manipulation escalates from there.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A\N
    Posts
    1,656
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 755 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Probably because "smartphone" and 10 of the 11 digits match exactly...
    Jokes on them I don't even know my gf's phone number


    Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOLJDM For This Useful Post:

    AudiInProgress (January 24th, 2018), ResidentEVO (January 26th, 2018)

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    The scam ive heard is similar, but different. Someone knocks on your door in a security uniform or something. They say your spouses name, and that they've had a bad accident and are in the hospital. You naturally drop everything and go straight to the hospital, then they rob your house while you're gone.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A\N
    Posts
    1,656
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 755 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    The scam ive heard is similar, but different. Someone knocks on your door in a security uniform or something. They say your spouses name, and that they've had a bad accident and are in the hospital. You naturally drop everything and go straight to the hospital, then they rob your house while you're gone.
    "Hey uh your spouse is in the hospital" *gf currently in the kitchen (because where else would she be)* sure bro


    Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LOLJDM For This Useful Post:

    AudiInProgress (January 30th, 2018)

  9. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    "Hey uh your spouse is in the hospital" *gf currently in the kitchen (because where else would she be)* sure bro
    I think the idea is that you're at work, and she is of course in the kitchen where she should be. So she is the one that answers the door.

  10. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    New immigrants are also at risk. I've noticed many Canadians that have been here <10 years remain VERY afraid of police.
    Thats truee. Been there too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •