Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B.C. Effectively destroys Kinder Morgen pipeline project.

Thanks

We do refine product locally, but most of it gets sold elsewhere. Shell Scotford, Suncor Edmonton, Imperial Oil Strathcona, EnviroFuels Edmonton, NorthWest Red Water, CNRL Horizon, Syncrude Mildred Lake, etc.

One of the challenges associated with refining and power generation in Alberta is that we're limited by water permits. A big sticking point I've heard about pipelines is the amount of inadequately compensated water we send south with the oil. We have also been at or near peak pipeline capacity -- both domestic and export -- for a decade or more.

The whole BC politik move is really just to tie things up in court. Likely outcome is a positive judgement in our favour, ala #plategate.
    Last edited by pry4sno; February 1st, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typos
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pry4sno View Post
    Likely outcome is a positive judgement in our favour, ala #plategate.
    Doesn't matter, any further delays and it will be cancelled. Companies have better things to do then play around with kangaroo courts and a majority of a country's citizens hating their business (as well as a majority of the politicians).

Federal Libs, BC NDP, and Alberta NDP all do not want the pipeline built. Only reason AB and the Feds are remotely "going to bat" for the project is that AB NDP is in damage control mode, and the Libs want the money to finance their deficit spending.

This all is basically NEP 2.0. Fuck Trudeau and his whole piece of shit family. And fuck BC.

Thanks

Been at NWR for almost 3 years now... man this plant lol extremely over budget, backwards thinking and planning, defective fittings out their ass.

Also Trudeau only supports the Trans-mountain pipeline cause it has the word Trans in the name.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOLJDM For This Useful Post:

JugZ (February 5th, 2018), pry4sno (February 6th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Been at NWR for almost 3 years now... man this plant lol extremely over budget, backwards thinking and planning, defective fittings out their ass.

Also Trudeau only supports the Trans-mountain pipeline cause it has the word Trans in the name.
    That project is the slickest sales job in decades. It's inefficient, its technology choice is poor and that combines to a payback period that no energy business on earth would accept. But the Alberta gov't (us taxpayers) will accept it.

Edit.
    Also major LoL about the Trans part!
    Last edited by JugZ; February 5th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks

I was only there for about 6 months before I caused too much shit about not being paid properly for bussing before I was laid off but man, what a shit show out there. Was told that the piping they got from India that was shit and needed a ton of rework was actually still ~10x cheaper in the end (including rework) than piping fabbed locally. Also the planning and coordination out there was amateur hour... but what do you expect from Fluor? lol

Thanks

I hear we just banned BC wine as a retaliation
    #RAM

Thanks

I was only there for about 6 months before I caused too much shit about not being paid properly for bussing before I was laid off but man, what a shit show out there. Was told that the piping they got from India that was shit and needed a ton of rework was actually still ~10x cheaper in the end (including rework) than piping fabbed locally. Also the planning and coordination out there was amateur hour... but what do you expect from Fluor? lol
    Fluor got their stuff from India, yup needed lots of rework, some spools were made of piping half the thickness they were required to be. Other units had Chinese/Korean steel and that stuff was full of defects.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Fluor got their stuff from India, yup needed lots of rework, some spools were made of piping half the thickness they were required to be. Other units had Chinese/Korean steel and that stuff was full of defects.
    Yeah, that wasn't just limited to Fluor... Worley Parsons and Aecon released numerous mods from their local yards full of sched 40 piping that was supposed to be sched 80. Haha, that's one way to keep the boys working!

Thanks

We do refine product locally, but most of it gets sold elsewhere. Shell Scotford, Suncor Edmonton, Imperial Oil Strathcona, EnviroFuels Edmonton, NorthWest Red Water, CNRL Horizon, Syncrude Mildred Lake, etc.

One of the challenges associated with refining and power generation in Alberta is that we're limited by water permits. A big sticking point I've heard about pipelines is the amount of inadequately compensated water we send south with the oil. We have also been at or near peak pipeline capacity -- both domestic and export -- for a decade or more.

The whole BC politik move is really just to tie things up in court. Likely outcome is a positive judgement in our favour, ala #plategate.
    CNRL and Syncrude just upgrade, they don't refine.

As for NWR, what do people expect from anything the government had a hand in building? Of course its a shit show.