Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B.C. Effectively destroys Kinder Morgen pipeline project.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Default B.C. Effectively destroys Kinder Morgen pipeline project.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...ng-alberta-ndp

Ok, can someone explain to me why we do not refine bitumen here in Alberta or why we do not have the facilities to do so?
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride View Post

Ok, can someone explain to me why we do not refine bitumen here in Alberta or why we do not have the facilities to do so?
    Cost, probably.

We would still need piplines to transport the refined product anyways. I'm sure someone, somewhere has done an analysis and determined that it doesn't have the profitability that is desired.
    #RAM

Everyone is bitching about Jobs. And the pipeline will create jobs. But how many jobs will building a refinery cost yo further refine the product create? And they are permanent jobs. I find it ridiculous that a lot of natural resources here are shipped out unprocessed from this province.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

It is because it is FUCKING EXPENSIVE to add new refining capacity in Alberta. Disproportionately high wages and construction costs (relative to the US or overseas), extreme difficulty receiving new project approvals, and high environmental standards erode the benefit. That, and once you refine it, how do you get it to market? You put it in a pipeline.
    Last edited by apecush; January 31st, 2018 at 06:45 PM.

But I thought the NDP's carbon tax would make other regions like our oil?!

We do. That is what the North West upgrader does.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    We do. That is what the North West upgrader does.
    Bull shit. That facility barely refines fuck all and does a terrible job at what it manages. Plus, it has a payback period longer than its lifespan. It's a PR facility that the taxpayers will continue to find for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Bull shit. That facility barely refines fuck all and does a terrible job at what it manages. Plus, it has a payback period longer than its lifespan. It's a PR facility that the taxpayers will continue to find for decades.
    And that's why we don't refine shit here, ROI here is garbage

-the faster you go
    -the longer you live