Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epoxy Garage flooring

Thanks

Default Epoxy Garage flooring

Iím looking for anyone who is had a positive experience with garage epoxy coating
    2011 F150 EcoBoost, 1984 FJ1100, 1996 KLX650, 2013 V-Strom650

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

I went with the rustoleum one that you get from Can Tire.

Lasted a good 7 years (probably about time to redo it) and it is holding up well.

In the higher traffic areas there is some pitting and peeling because i run studded winter tires so for it to last this long is pretty good considering the price I paid.

If I had to do it again, I would still do epoxy (a few coats as opposed to the single layer I did) to protect the concrete but I would put tiles overtop for overkill.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

I used the 1 part rustoleum floor paint, 2 coats. Painted it about 6 months ago, and still holding up very well. Next garage I will be attempting the 2 part epoxy with the fancy flakes.

IMG_1989.jpg

Thanks

It is also on my todo list however one corner of the garage pad cracked and sunk... i'm hoping to find a way to lift the pad in that one corner before I move forward with something like this. The one mud jacking company I reached out to couldn't be bothered to call me back.

More on topic my mom used I think the HomeDepot coating in a commercial space and it worked quite well for a while until some of the chemicals she had on had spilled on it and she had to redo a section.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Gawd I need to get around to finishing my garage... Maybe this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

My neighbor used one of the contractors that offers this. It cost A LOT, like almost $6/sq-ft, but it's very well done with those fancy flecks that look like guitar picks in it.

Thanks

Epoxy with the flakes just material about $1700 for a 400 s/f garage, we,ve done a few

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride View Post
    I went with the rustoleum one that you get from Can Tire.

Lasted a good 7 years (probably about time to redo it) and it is holding up well.

In the higher traffic areas there is some pitting and peeling because i run studded winter tires so for it to last this long is pretty good considering the price I paid.

If I had to do it again, I would still do epoxy (a few coats as opposed to the single layer I did) to protect the concrete but I would put tiles overtop for overkill.
    Did you have to do all the acid etching prep on the concrete before you applied the coating?

Thanks

My dad had Garage Strategies come in and do his double garage with the flakes. Personally I wouldn't do the same as he did. Reason why is the flakes make it hard to see nuts and bolts and washers you drop, they just blend in. For the price, I'd wager the DIY kits you get at Home Depot are likely to last more than long enough to justify the cost and labour involved.

The good stuff will chip and stain if you aren't careful, no matter what the sales guy says. Might as well know how to repair it, need be, and pay less. Though GS did provide a warranty, which is handy.
    Last edited by pry4sno; February 1st, 2018 at 11:41 PM.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupť quattro /// Because Racecar