Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epoxy Garage flooring

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    My neighbor used one of the contractors that offers this. It cost A LOT, like almost $6/sq-ft, but it's very well done with those fancy flecks that look like guitar picks in it.
    Pretty sure it's alot more then that, I've heard $10-$17 sqft. I've watched 2-3 guys do it over the course of 2-3 days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by painter69 View Post
    Epoxy with the flakes just material about $1700 for a 400 s/f garage, we,ve done a few
    Keep on practicing, because I know who will be helping on my next garage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhite View Post
    Pretty sure it's alot more then that, I've heard $10-$17 sqft. I've watched 2-3 guys do it over the course of 2-3 days.
    Nope. I have a quote for less than $6/sq-ft. That includes only 30' linear of crack repair prior to the coating and it's an extra $3/ft for crack repair after that.

Thanks

Nope. I have a quote for less than $6/sq-ft. That includes only 30' linear of crack repair prior to the coating and it's an extra $3/ft for crack repair after that.
    Well if it's one of those cases where you get what you pay for...

Quick math, $6 x 400sq ft = $2400.

Painter69 says approx $1700 for materials but let's dial it back to $1400 Just for fun.

That leaves $1000 for Labour, for a company that would mean 1 guy @ 2 days ($500 per day)

Now not saying you don't have that quote (maybe it's a friend or company that is slow) , I'm in the painting business and I've seen some insanely low quotes when I see low quotes it can only leave me to believe you're gonna get what you pay for (I fix alot of these low quote jobs).

The guys both I and painter69 have watched do this trade, do it properly, over the course of 2-3 days with a couple guys.

But maybe Painter69 can chime in and give us a approx sqft cost with Labour. Or at least let us know how many hours with how many people.

On a side note, if you do go ahead and get this done and it works out Well, id also go through that company and would also be able to forward them a bunch of business!

Just seems to cheap to be good...

Thanks

PM'd you with more info.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JugZ For This Useful Post:

BrightWhite (February 2nd, 2018)

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Did you have to do all the acid etching prep on the concrete before you applied the coating?
    Yes, the two component kit that I bought had the cleaner/prep kit and paint flecks.

It was an orange based one, you mop/scrub and let it dry for a few days, then when you are sure the concrete is dry, just roller it on, it was rather strong smelling.

But like I said, $120 sih bucks for two kits and 7+ years, I think I did good.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride View Post
    Yes, the two component kit that I bought had the cleaner/prep kit and paint flecks.

It was an orange based one, you mop/scrub and let it dry for a few days, then when you are sure the concrete is dry, just roller it on, it was rather strong smelling.

But like I said, $120 sih bucks for two kits and 7+ years, I think I did good.
    Holy fuck. I need this in my life immediately!!
    Please post links to the exact product!
    I don't want the flakes, but I want an epoxy coating and preferably in a white-ish color to help brighten up the garage.

Thanks

^^^Its all about the prep!

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Holy fuck. I need this in my life immediately!!
    Please post links to the exact product!
    I don't want the flakes, but I want an epoxy coating and preferably in a white-ish color to help brighten up the garage.
    The flakes are mostly for traction. I only puth them down on high traffic areas, but lightly sprinkled them on areas where I would be parking.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ru...9726p.html#spc

Regular price is $125 but they will go on sale from time to time and I think I paid $65 for the kit.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."