Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Replacments

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apecush View Post
    Assuming you are going through insurance, have insurance cut you a check for the cost of the tires/rims and go buy your own set and pocket the difference. Do not do the insurance company any favours by reducing the amount of the claim - your GF will have an accident on her record regardless and rate increases will not be reduced due to your goodwill of saving the insurance company a few bucks.
    Yeah. ^This is a given.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Yeah. ^This is a given.
    Holy fuck i hate her insurance company. The cunt of an adjuster who didn't happen to speak a reasonable level of understandable english was as useful as a bucket of piss. After we spent 20 minutes explaining to her what we wanted to do with the rims and tires she says its not possible and there is no way that we can be accommodated. Transferred to a supervisor and had everything resolved in under 3 minutes. How people that hardly speak english are able to get customer service jobs is beyond me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotZhao For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (February 9th, 2018), pry4sno (February 9th, 2018)

Thanks

If it makes you feel better, I bid on a provincial contract and the initial gateway test was a grammar test. I posted one of the questions in the threat where you can post useless shit.

It was an hour long! haha really good test considering only people that I've spoken to so far that could answer it had a masters in english and a degree in literature.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

The stealership wants $4000 a stock rim for my 14 year old truck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by md. View Post
    The stealership wants $4000 a stock rim for my 14 year old truck.
    Be like my GF and smash into a curb and ruin your rims and then pocket the cash lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Yes. You can request that aftermarket parts be used in place of OEM, especially if it's a cheaper option, the insurance company should jump at the opportunity.

And no, not all 4 tires need to be replaced. I know people constantly say that it'll ruin the AWD system. But I've never seen 5mm of tread difference cause any issues.

My mother-in-laws MDX is AWD and it needed a tire replaced after an accident... 3 tires are 50% worn and 1 brand new tire. No issues for years.
    Just because you saw one instance where it did not cause an issue does not mean its true.. Usually in the owners manual, it will say not to do it. This is because it causes heat build up from two tires that are spinning at different rotational velocities..

I would not risk it, here is an example of what can happen..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledi...4500_rear_dif/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    Just because you saw one instance where it did not cause an issue does not mean its true.. Usually in the owners manual, it will say not to do it. This is because it causes heat build up from two tires that are spinning at different rotational velocities..

I would not risk it, here is an example of what can happen..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledi...4500_rear_dif/

And just because you saw one instance of failure... Dude even said in the thread he had 1 worn out tire and 1 brand new tire. We're probably talking 10+mm's of thread difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    And just because you saw one instance of failure... Dude even said in the thread he had 1 worn out tire and 1 brand new tire. We're probably talking 10+mm's of thread difference.
    Yes, this is one instance of failure but if a manufacturer that designed and engineered a system advises against it (in the owners manual).. Why would you risk it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Yup. Totally.

Manufacturer recommends 5w20, you run 5w30 or 0w20... have you blown an engine yet because of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.