Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Wanye Dalton Garage Door Spring

Default Wanye Dalton Garage Door Spring

To the torsion spring set up on my parents garage door broke last week. I disassembled everything and want to replace the broken spring and the unbroken one as well because I figure I might do them both at the same time.

The assembly has stickers showing it was bought from Creative Door Systems which I will give a call tomorrow as they're listed as a Wayne Dalton parts distributor. Kind of a long shot, but does anyone know where else I could go?

I've tried contacting repair companies to sell if they would sell me replacement springs but everyone is saying they don't want to be held liable but instead could install a brand new torsion set up which to me just seems like a cash grab.

Thanks in advance!

Yes to Creative.
    I bought mine from Totem (now Rona) on 91st Street about 12 years ago, so there's a small chance they could help.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Yes to Creative.
    I bought mine from Totem (now Rona) on 91st Street about 12 years ago, so there's a small chance they could help.
    From what I've found is that most of the big chain home improvement store don't carry the parts but I'll check them out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jrho View Post
    From what I've found is that most of the big chain home improvement store don't carry the parts but I'll check them out. Thanks!
    It's extremely unlikely.
    I had a warranty claim on their obscure, fancy iDrive system after one of their springs snapped encased in their Torque Tube (TM). I had to go through Creative.