Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Recommend me a printer/scanners

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    532

    Default Recommend me a printer/scanners

    I’m so lost when it comes to printers. I’d like it to scan to email and print basic shit, no picture or anything. It would need to be able to print wirelessly as well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    995

    Default

    I recently got an HP OfficeJet 4650 from costco for 38 dollars. It scans and prints very well, also can do it wirelessly. And its quite compact and nice looking on my office desk. Very good price for what it is, strongly recommend it.
    - Horatio

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercdood View Post
    I recently got an HP OfficeJet 4650 from costco for 38 dollars. It scans and prints very well, also can do it wirelessly. And its quite compact and nice looking on my office desk. Very good price for what it is, strongly recommend it.
    A big X2 on this.

    We picked up a hp from Wal-Mart for around 40 bucks. Does everything you need. Pretty sure just to replace the ink, is more expensive then to replace the entire unit. Lol.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    Stop using ink jet.
    Stop.
    Stop it.
    http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...66#post1862066

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    Agreed. These $40 bubblejet printers are crap. I can't believe people still buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Agreed. These $40 bubblejet printers are crap. I can't believe people still buy them.
    40 bucks for 2 years+ of pain free printing/scanning... I'm not quite sure how it gets better then that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhite View Post
    40 bucks for 2 years+ of pain free printing/scanning... I'm not quite sure how it gets better then that.
    If you've managed that, it's a miracle.
    I don't think I EVER got two years out of an ink jet printer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    First of all, it's "than" better-than-that.

    Secondly... I'm with Jugz. Those ultra-cheap printers usually come with "starter" ink cartridges that run out after the first 10 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    First of all, it's "than" better-than-that.

    Secondly... I'm with Jugz. Those ultra-cheap printers usually come with "starter" ink cartridges that run out after the first 10 pages.
    +1 more for inkjet getting the boot.

    You can get great value from ink jets *IF* your constantly using them and refilling the cartridges yourself so they don't clog up. Let it sit for a month and you could spend half the ink in the cartridge to unclog it. If you not trying to print off pictures a b&w or even color laserjet will print an amazing amount of pages just with the toners it comes with and letting it sit for months on end doesn't result in a clogged mess. The print speed difference can also be amazing.
    Model View Caffeine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •