Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exploding sunroofs

Yea I had that thought as well.. maybe it did bounce off them.

From the sounds of it that guy had glass coverage and they covered it and I don't so I'm expecting I'm fucked then. Ah well, live and learn.

Im not sure I'm just going to sell the car because it has a sunroof that could get damaged... I guess I'll get a wind fairing for the rack, pay for glass coverage, and maybe put 3m on there as well when its replaced.

I use mine quite often day or night, even in the winter when its warm. Nothing like listening to exhaust symphony while enjoying a fresh breeze.

So after four days the insurance company finally let me know that because I don't have glass coverage in my comprehensive they wont cover the sunroof glass replacement. If there is resultant damage to the frame or tracks or sun shade or other stuff they would cover it. Talked to my broker and adding glass coverage in the future will be $140-180/yr additional.

Now I have to get the dealer to do an estimate on their own to determine if its just glass or more than that... we'll see.

If you have a sunroof I'd recommend you call your broker and confirm you have glass coverage!

IIRC there are 2 categories of glass coverage. One that includes the windshield that is really expensive and another that covers the rest of the glass except the windshield with a price discrepancy between them.
    Model View Caffeine

I'm concerned that it would be vandalism in the event this ever happened to me...

Vandalism should be covered regardless of what part of the vehicle is vandalized, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Vandalism should be covered regardless of what part of the vehicle is vandalized, no?
    Hmmm... I guess it would be.
    #ProblemSolved

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    On that point a sun roof in a hail storm would probably be under the general hail damage.
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    On that point a sun roof in a hail storm would probably be under the general hail damage.
    Far fewer hailstorms in the winter, compared to "vandalism" though. #winkwink.