First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artificial Grass

Thanks

Default Artificial Grass

Looking to turn my backyard into an artificial one, easier to maintain, no muddy paws, no digging, no urine burns and before someone says "hur dur train your dogs to go in just one spot" Okay so that spot is literally a shit hole and they can still dig and when it rains there is still little muddy paws blah blah blah I want artificial grass.

So who has it in their yard? Anyone? Anyone know any companies installers? Anywunnnnn?

Thanks.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 810 Posts

They are all VERY expensive and the cheaper end of expensive ones look terrible. I've only ever seen one that looks quite good, but bring money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    They are all VERY expensive and the cheaper end of expensive ones look terrible. I've only ever seen one that looks quite good, but bring money.
    It would be nice to just find a local company who's product is installed around the city to see it first hand. You can stare at pictures and some displays at the home show but that'll never be the same as an IRL application.

Thanks

Near my last place there was a house with a fake front lawn. It was convincing enough driving by but only in summer if you walked by on the sidewalk it was very clear it was fake. I'm not convinced that with pets either that it isn't going to have issues long term. The acidic levels of dog urine I'd imagine would still damage it over time. Having said that however there is a stretch at the new house I had intended to use it between the garage and fence where there was a giant pile of rotting wood and mud when I bought the place and I cannot get a lawnmower into that area without a fight so I'd be using it as a giant weedblock for that area not a whole fake lawn.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    Near my last place there was a house with a fake front lawn. It was convincing enough driving by but only in summer if you walked by on the sidewalk it was very clear it was fake. I'm not convinced that with pets either that it isn't going to have issues long term. The acidic levels of dog urine I'd imagine would still damage it over time. Having said that however there is a stretch at the new house I had intended to use it between the garage and fence where there was a giant pile of rotting wood and mud when I bought the place and I cannot get a lawnmower into that area without a fight so I'd be using it as a giant weedblock for that area not a whole fake lawn.
    I've read the pet specific lawns are made with good drainage.

Thanks

What is placed under this fake grass?

Thanks

You have to grade and flatten the soil down and then put something on top to level the shit (not sand, but something else). Then you have to put a plastic sheet down. Then the fake grass goes on top I think.

My neighbors did it and it looks great from 15 feet away, but it's obviously fake from anything closer. Whether or not the owners care is a different story.

Check with your neighborhood bylaws as well if you have any. I know some neighborhoods banned fake grass because something about run-off.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

I haven't done any research yet but I was fully planning on doing artificial grass at my place. So very interested in what this thread turns up
    #RAM

Thanks

person in my hood has it on an infill house. they had crush underneath after the build then a year later the fake grass went in. not sure what went between the crush and the grass.