Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artificial Grass

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    You have to grade and flatten the soil down and then put something on top to level the shit (not sand, but something else). Then you have to put a plastic sheet down. Then the fake grass goes on top I think.

My neighbors did it and it looks great from 15 feet away, but it's obviously fake from anything closer. Whether or not the owners care is a different story.

Check with your neighborhood bylaws as well if you have any. I know some neighborhoods banned fake grass because something about run-off.
    Never thought about that, thanks. I will look into it.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    They are all VERY expensive and the cheaper end of expensive ones look terrible. I've only ever seen one that looks quite good, but bring money.
    My neighbour has it in the front yard, looked decent so when I did my landscaping I got a quote. I think sod was like $1sq/ft, artificial was over 10x more, so ya went with sod.

-the faster you go
    -the longer you live

Thanks

So far I have heard from someone that got a dog run put in that it was $12/sqft

Thanks

Update, emailed some companies, I guess most are obvs so fucking busy that they don't need my money so they didn't reply but the one that did quoted me $20,000.00 LOL fuck that, I could re-sod every year for like 17 years and come out ahead.

On that note, does anyone know anyone that will remove my old lawn (sod cutter) and re-sod it? I could go and search and search for landscaping companies but I figured I would ask people on here for their first hand experience. 1300ish sgft of back yard, might do the front yard on one side which isn't huge but I don't have the measurement on hand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Update, emailed some companies, I guess most are obvs so fucking busy that they don't need my money so they didn't reply but the one that did quoted me $20,000.00 LOL fuck that, I could re-sod every year for like 17 years and come out ahead.

On that note, does anyone know anyone that will remove my old lawn (sod cutter) and re-sod it? I could go and search and search for landscaping companies but I figured I would ask people on here for their first hand experience. 1300ish sgft of back yard, might do the front yard on one side which isn't huge but I don't have the measurement on hand.
    There is a member here that has a landscaping company. Has that crazy C63 that runs 10's. Can't remember his username. He did my last house landscaping and I was happy. Charged me a fair price. Sorry I can't be much help, maybe the description will jog someone elses memory on who it is. I think his company is AVP landscaping? But I know I couldn't find shit online when searching him to get my newest house done.

As for OP, yeah it's as expensive or more than finished concrete to do turf. My neighbours place looks fine from across the street, never inspected it up close. Sounds like you care little about that though if it's going in your back yard. The cost could drop huge I'm sure if you rented a skid steer and did it yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    There is a member here that has a landscaping company. Has that crazy C63 that runs 10's. Can't remember his username. He did my last house landscaping and I was happy. Charged me a fair price. Sorry I can't be much help, maybe the description will jog someone elses memory on who it is. I think his company is AVP landscaping? But I know I couldn't find shit online when searching him to get my newest house done.

As for OP, yeah it's as expensive or more than finished concrete to do turf. My neighbours place looks fine from across the street, never inspected it up close. Sounds like you care little about that though if it's going in your back yard. The cost could drop huge I'm sure if you rented a skid steer and did it yourself.
    I care about the look of my lawn AND I have dogs. Nice lawns and dogs don't mix so I thought "hey fake grass" but that's not gonna happen in a house that I only wanna spend like 3 more years in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    I care about the look of my lawn AND I have dogs. Nice lawns and dogs don't mix so I thought "hey fake grass" but that's not gonna happen in a house that I only wanna spend like 3 more years in.
    You ever try any of that stuff you add to their water that's supposed to make their piss less acidic?

I don't know what we do with our dog that helps? But my lawn has slight dry spots, but nothing worth fretting about. I've seen others lawns and they are terrible. Took me 2 years to get my lawn back to proper health in Fort Mac when the previous owners has dogs pissing all over the place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

You ever try any of that stuff you add to their water that's supposed to make their piss less acidic?

I don't know what we do with our dog that helps? But my lawn has slight dry spots, but nothing worth fretting about. I've seen others lawns and they are terrible. Took me 2 years to get my lawn back to proper health in Fort Mac when the previous owners has dogs pissing all over the place.
    It's nitrogen in piss. It's over fertilizing a concentrated area, most common with female dogs.
    His problem may also be that they tear it up running around, too. Rather than piss.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 815 Posts

I think users "Nadeau" and something along the lines of "AMG//Pwr" have fancy Mercedes. Maybe that helps narrow it down?