Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Nano coating.. wheels?

Thanks

Default Nano coating.. wheels?

Looking at some new rims, thinking I'd like to protect them somehow since they'd be new and all, has anyone done so / got their wheels coated? I realize it's not stopping rock chips or anything, but it sounds like it makes em easy to clean and less likely to get light scratches?

Thanks

I picked up a small tub of poorboy's wheel sealant for my one set of chromed rims from auto obsessed I was looking at the nano coatings etc until I saw the price tags. Seemed to work well applying it after a through cleaning when putting them away for the winter a bit easier to clean come spring than I remember from past years. For day to day driving not sure how much it helped. Not quite sold on the nano coatings doing a night and day difference for the significant difference in price.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    I picked up a small tub of poorboy's wheel sealant for my one set of chromed rims from auto obsessed I was looking at the nano coatings etc until I saw the price tags. Seemed to work well applying it after a through cleaning when putting them away for the winter a bit easier to clean come spring than I remember from past years. For day to day driving not sure how much it helped. Not quite sold on the nano coatings doing a night and day difference for the significant difference in price.
    I had my new car coated and my wheels. My wheels look clean all the time, even during winter. And with cleaning them, its just a matter of spraying them off, don't need to scrub/soap really. Well worth it!

Thanks

I don't know exactly what this stuff is? It isn't advertised as a Ceramic Coating specifically, but it is advertised as doing all the same stuff. Protected for 24 months, and repels shit, easy to spray off dirt, etc. Would this be worth trying out? For the price I would definitely consider it as a DIY project at home on my vehicle.

https://store.detailking.com/New-Opt...at_p_3053.html

Thanks

If you're lazy, get Carpro Hydro2 or Gyeon Wetcoat

-Wash wheels
    -While they are still wet after cleaning, spray product
    -Blast wheels with water to rinse
    -Done