Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CF or flat black rear diffuser on black car?

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Carbon Fibre
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    ... CF wrap is kind of expensive and looking at CF when you know it's not CF personally annoys me. Flat black will look like it's been done with plastidip and be an eye sore in that it won't match the car -just an odd combination.
    So, hang on... You might be right. I was assuming a legit CF part, not a wrap.

Is it your daily? Is it winter driven?
    Carbon fiber will look good for one summer then looks like poop.
    I would get fiberglass/poly and paint it gloss black.
    Sammy K.
    [IMG]Photobucket is gay[/IMG]
    4.2L G35 Coupe 6MT TT
    18 TLX A Spec
    اَللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنَـا واهْدِ بِنَا واجْعَلْنَـا سبباً لِمَنِ اهْتَدَى

Having re-painted my front and rear bumpers on my SUV to be full body color (metalic red) one thing I have noticed especially on that area of the bumper is that is always appears much dirtier than when is was more of a plain grey. Something like a diffuser I think I'd leave in a flatter black actually maybe something like a semi-gloss.
    Model View Caffeine

So maybe I just get the CF one and if it starts to look like shit just paint/ plasti dip it?

I know CF fades and looks like shit after a little while but I'm less concerned since the diffuser is basically under the car and out of direct sunlight 99% of the time unless I'm doing barrel rolls or something
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Is it possible to buy the CF one and spray a gloss or something on top to avoid fading/wear and tear?
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)