Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pads and Rotor recommendations

Thanks

Default Brake Pads and Rotor recommendations

My fix-it list from the dealership was new rotors (machine front replace rear) and pads (front and rear). Oddly enough After all these years I have not had to buy rotors or pads yet for a vehicle I have owned... So wondering what besides maybe just simply going OEM replacements I should be looking at for something like a Nissan Frontier. Doesn't work very hard, doesn't usually tow anything, odd load of gravel or bark mulch maybe once a year etc. Mostly highway driving and in a month or so will be used by my wife as a day to day commuter again. It might do more towing in the future if we eventually buy a small travel trailer.

Semi-Metalic + slotted seem to be the right way to go for this? I'll just replace the front rotors since I'll already be replacing the rears.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

I've had good luck with power stop rotors and pads.......for my Zr2 GM anyways.
    https://www.tdotperformance.ca/2010-...ti%5B0%5D=8658

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

I like my R1Concepts rotors. Google them. Their cheap pads are complete garbage though.

Hawk pads are also great, just don't get their track pads. Don't go above HPS.

Thanks

Hit up rockauto and they group all the parts in categories like dailydrive/oem/performance. That way you get a great starting place to know whats what and how much it costs and can shop around some more if you dont just buy from them right away lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

I agree with Tomer.

Powerstop makes great brake kits. Pads and rotors for all 4 corners under $500? How do you go wrong? Especially when the dealership wants $1500.

They stop really really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Stoptech makes some really high quality stuff. I bought a slotted stoptech set up from rockauto and there were a lot of benefits over the existing brembo rotor/pad set up for my jeep. For a street application, exactly what I want/need and a fraction of the price of brembo stuff.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

For a basic daily driver that doesn't tow anything, I wouldn't spend the money on anything fancy. Just get some cheap OEM replacements from Rock Auto. For what a new set of rotors will cost, it's not even worth trying to find somewhere to turn your originals.

Thanks

OEM: $150/rotor and $110/set of pads = $820
    Nissan's Value line: $75/rotor and $88/set of pads = $476

The value line pricing seemed to be pretty close to inline with most of the aftermarket stuff I was looking at at-least from places like Canadian Tire etc.

Actually ended up ordering some Omnicraft (I guess universal version of Motorcraft and still owned by Ford) rotors and pads. Should be very comparable to the Nissan value line but got a better price on the order than what Nissan was willing to do.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

3 wheels done 1 more to go and these rotors and pads dont look anywhere near as bad as they told me. Bahh.
    Model View Caffeine