Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiots at 2018 opener

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    What blows my mind is that this sort of crap NEVER happens at the big car shows in Alberta (like Three Hills).

Of course, those shows all have 100footer/1/8 mile races now. Last time I was at Hot August Nights in Red Deer, people wouldn't even do half-hearted launches from street lights, which is sad but also commendable for keeping the peace. As a kid the family would go down to Gaetz Ave and watch hundreds of cars go by, and some people did give er' an honest boot.
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark that they don't do that stuff anymore because of liability. Too many cars now with ridiculous power and drivers with not enough experience with that kind of power, making mistakes that could result in some serious damage and people getting hurt/killed.

I remember going to 780 meets way back in like 2004-07ish and there was a group of guys that stuck together on cruises and such that had their fun but never did it at the meeting points. Then all the try-hards had to come in and prove that their 150hp civic could ring off the rev limiter and screech the tires. It's a revolving door of that crap, you'll never get rid of it. There's always someone with something to prove!!

I've always wanted to come out to one of these meets and see if any of the "regulars" from early days still make it out or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crazy240sx For This Useful Post:

hurrdurr (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazy240sx View Post
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark that they don't do that stuff anymore because of liability. Too many cars now with ridiculous power and drivers with not enough experience with that kind of power, making mistakes that could result in some serious damage and people getting hurt/killed.

I remember going to 780 meets way back in like 2004-07ish and there was a group of guys that stuck together on cruises and such that had their fun but never did it at the meeting points. Then all the try-hards had to come in and prove that their 150hp civic could ring off the rev limiter and screech the tires. It's a revolving door of that crap, you'll never get rid of it. There's always someone with something to prove!!

I've always wanted to come out to one of these meets and see if any of the "regulars" from early days still make it out or not.
    I'm sure I was with you in that group. Those were awesome cruises, we'd end up at all sorts of locations around town and pass leader to someone else, going til all hours of the night. I haven't been to any UC or 780 meetups since I sold my Skyline in 2007.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to qualthar For This Useful Post:

hurrdurr (June 1st, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qualthar View Post
    I'm sure I was with you in that group. Those were awesome cruises, we'd end up at all sorts of locations around town and pass leader to someone else, going til all hours of the night. I haven't been to any UC or 780 meetups since I sold my Skyline in 2007.
    Oh my god, blast from the past. I remember your skyline!! God its been forever since I've been out to any of these meets. I remember all the cars damien used to come out with, and being at best buy south common before there was much else there, and buddy was drifting in the parking lot when the cops came and he ran. Good times.

Thanks

Haha now we're talking about the good ol days.

Research park, 17th, Villenuve, Onoway... Thats where the real fun was had.

Kids doing dumb shit at UC/Opener/WhyteAve are complete clowns.

Thanks

Oh my god, blast from the past. I remember your skyline!! God its been forever since I've been out to any of these meets. I remember all the cars damien used to come out with, and being at best buy south common before there was much else there, and buddy was drifting in the parking lot when the cops came and he ran. Good times.

Hahahahah Walford! I still have the old clip somewhere when he got arrested. It was on the news

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
    Hahahahah Walford! I still have the old clip somewhere when he got arrested. It was on the news
    HAHA that was great, and the drifting at the weigh scales out at the Acheson Truck Scales.. some good ole times!! I might have to venture out one of these days and see what the meets are like now.

Thanks

Maybe do an OG 780 meet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
    That was probably the best south common meet ever haha.

Thanks

I still remember all the nights parked at the empty parking lot by the theater that all the guys used to drift in. Such good times.