John Tavares is a Toronto Maple Leaf.

TRY to fucking shut us down.

Peace out fuckers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67bullet View Post

Peace out fuckers.
    What's going to happen when Matthews and Marners entry level contracts are up though? Will/do they have the cap space available to keep all three?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Peace out fuckers.
    Buying a team works.
    (In basketball and baseball, not hockey).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    What's going to happen when Matthews and Marners entry level contracts are up though? Will/do they have the cap space available to keep all three?
    Nope, I would assume Marners will walk or get dealt in advance
    You see when you have an operational engine, it turns the wheels giving you the ability to run into shit. If your car ever had one of those you'd understand what I'm getting at.

Thanks

Jt 11 mathews 11 marner 8 nyl 6, all fit in. Marleaus 6.25 is actually only 1mil real money in year 3 which can easily be dealt. Lots of depth charts out there that show they can keep everyone.

And don't you think Dubas would have told all this to JT? He chose Toronto because the core is this good, this young. All 7 years of his contract will be contending years. Shark bruins stars couldn't offer that.

Also, in the presser dubas made note that JT took less to come and keep the core together. If the 3 kids each take a 500k haircut a year that's huge in the salary cap world.

And yes defense this defense that. People seem to forget this defense had to 50pt men and brought the team to a franchise best 105pt season. Adding one of the best 2 way centers in the league makes your defense better.

And soley for this year, with only nylander and johnnson who need contracts, the leafs have 16mil in cap space.

Ever since shanny took over this team has done a complete 180. No one is giving them the cup, but seeing as 3 seasons ago they were dead last.... they've come a long fucking way and the very near future looks BRIGHT.
    Last edited by 67bullet; July 3rd, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Buying a team works.
    They did and they didn't. JT left as much as 2mil/yr (14 mil total) on the table from the sharks.

What Toronto did do that most can't is structure the deal through massive signing bonuses every year. He never makes more than 950k yearly salary throughout the 7 years.

On july 1 of 2018, 19, and 20, he will collectively have 42mil US dumped into his account(minus taxes obviously).
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

And one last note about contracts since everyones opinion in Edmonton is probably skewed because chiarelli is an idiot, draisitals contract is an outlier. Real comparables are pastrnak at 6.7 and lars ehler with the jets right around the same. Willy hasnt done what they have and he won't fetch more. I will admit having marner with JT might make things hard, but i am very ok with that.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Buying a team works.
    Works less and less in baseball these days.

Thanks

And one last note about contracts since everyones opinion in Edmonton is probably skewed because chiarelli is an idiot, draisitals contract is an outlier. Real comparables are pastrnak at 6.7 and lars ehler with the jets right around the same. Willy hasnt done what they have and he won't fetch more. I will admit having marner with JT might make things hard, but i am very ok with that.
    Late to comment but wingers like Pastrnak and Tarasenko aren't direct comparables. Nikolaj Ehlers is a $5 cab ride to any discussion about Leon, so his contract is moot. I've read elsewhere that the best comparable is Scheifle, who signed for less and produced more last year, but the fact is he had his breakout season after signing. Not before, like Leon did. If you look at LD's even strength production and /60 rates, he improved year over year. While towing around replacement level/AHL players mostly on his own line, versus riding shotgun with McDavid most of the year prior. Add in the teams atrocious, truly historically bad, powerplay and there's a marked drop off in total points. A league average (vs. the top-5 from Christmas-on, the year before) PP adds 10+ points to his season's point total, and voila... LD is a PPG player. 80+ points in this league is good for $8MM/yr all day long.

I for one, don't view ChiaPete as an idiot. I think he inherited a dysfunctional organization with lots of talent and did his best to build the pipeline/farm and ice a quality team. His worst moves were (in no order): signing Lucic and Russell to term/cap/NMC, and the Reinhart trade... all of which were face-palm moments in real time.

In reference to your earlier comments about TOR... well... their issue before signing JT wasn't scoring goals. It's more about keeping the puck out of the net when it matters most. I can see good things brewing. But they will need a Larsson type to anchor their top-4 if they're going to sustain any success, doubly so in the playoffs.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar