Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Looking for: Ford tech (experience with ecoboost motors)

Default Looking for: Ford tech (experience with ecoboost motors)

Since installing my new shortblock, I've run into an oil dilution issue. Fuel is getting into my oil at a rate that is beyond that of normal DI operation. I'm seeing if anyone knows a Ford tech that is experienced with these motors that would be willing to brainstorm with me. Will pay of course for your time. Thanks in advance for any referrals.

Totally un-related ( or not ) but I’ve been having the same issue with my Cat engine. The culprit was at the top on the engine, there was a leak near the injector which small amounts of diesel was shooting into the oil. The way they found it was by adding an ultraviolet tracer to my fuel and open the top of the head and shine in with a light to see where the leaking was coming from.

Maybe you could apply the same sort of tactics to find your issue as well.

Yeah, on my engine there isn't any internal fuel leakage areas except where the DI pump mounts to the cylinder head. I appreciate the insight.

Not sure what ecoboost motor you have, but i have torn through my 2.0 ecoboost quite a bit. Like you said, the only places are going to be at the HPFP pump mounted on the head at the cams, or youre injecting fuel and its getting passed your rings.