Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Unfortunately Facebook is where the traffic is. The forums interface on a cell phone hasn't been well received.

I check in occasionally to see how many views my Wheels get in the FS section

Check in daily

Quote Originally Posted by 780admin View Post
    Unfortunately Facebook is where the traffic is. The forums interface on a cell phone hasn't been well received.
    Personally I have no interest in viewing this from a cellphone. I log in daily from my desktop. Maybe it's mainly us older guys that have no interest in the FB bs that still come here?

The over moderation is what seemed like killed the place. Not just the over moderation, but the selective moderation. It was weird how there was super heavy mod on any sort of fun ribbing and banter, but then the extreme trolling from certain members was just left unchecked. Obviously the slow dying of traffic could be related to traffic moving to FB, but it was a hell of a coincidence that the traffic died off when the heavy moderation came in.

Site maintenance at a minimum to keep the site functioning couldn't hurt. The Thanks button hasn't worked in forever for example.

I check often. Facebook sucks shit. The amount of retards is mind boggling. Like when 780 was a fun shit show that was one thing. Now it s Kaje being a fuck head at every turn.

I check in once or twice a week. I would check in more but there's nothing really going on.

It's kind of a catch 22. Nobody wants to visit the site due to low traffic so where do you begin?

Like everyone above, I hate facebook pages and facebook in general so I prefer to login to desktop. Even the mobile interface for forums isn't that bad.. we've all used it long enough that its pretty easy and the younger would-be members are tech-savvy enough that they can figure it out without issue.

That being said - if the facebook interface is so much easier, why not model the mobile app to resemble that more? Or better yet, is it possible to integrate the facebook page and forum into one? (ie. comments made on forum appear on facebook page and vice versa?)
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

I've found myself fairly disconnected from the car scene in general the past couple of years. After all the UC bullshit I was just left with a sour taste. Seems like things are improving a bit. We just need more activity here and it wouldn't take much. Some build threads, getting to know what everyone drives again so we can keep the spotted post updated, maybe people can take some pictures of their cars and post them more often. It really wasn't a whole lot that kept this place going. But it was a base 20 ish people that were active daily that brought in new members.

I'll contribute what I can, I'll be bobbing my suzuki boulevard over the winter and I'll make a thread for it. I'm sure some others are up to something this winter.
    78 c-10

I'm here on the daily.

The facebook group annoys me. I'm old though... which might be a contradiction in that I am old and I dislike the FB group lol

edit: shit, in terms of better, work on getting rid of the bugs, and increasing traffic... and let shit fly on occasion. It's a bit of a chicken-egg scenario here. Want it to get busier? You need people. You need people for it to get busier. How do you get more people?

a) newbies are eaten alive here. so repeat visits aren't big.
    b) old crabby people keep newbs away. this is a good thing and bad thing.
    c) there's not enough traffic to warrant newbies to stay (why watch a slow site?)
    d) the marketplace needs to be made the place to be (it's the hub of every site). You know how a house party always finds its way to the kitchen? The marketplace is the kitchen equivalent.
    Last edited by the_fornicator; September 11th, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Facebook is cancer in every way. The thing to remember with facebook is that people aren't dedicated to brands on it. So yes, 780 can build a presence there, but a presence of WHAT?

I guess car shows/driven Which is good as a business, but awful for a place to have discussions. I'm on 780 everyday.

The moderating ABSOLUTELY killed this forum. Yes, shit shows should be stopped if things get out of hand, but people were getting banned for posting a FUCKING GIF of the roflcopter I think. Like, what in the actual fuck?

Also, 780 was bad for mods banning/censoring/blocking people who simply disagreed or didn't like them. Beyond has always been the pinnacle of moderating, not 4chan "anything goes" but preventing things from truly getting out of hand (threats, personal info, etc).

Forums in general are dying because people are vapid. Facebook is awful, it doesn't promote community, it promotes a shallow representation of being part of an identity without any effort.