Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

I check in daily on my lunch break, using the mobile platform on my phone. I killed my FB account in 2012, never been on any of the other social media sites.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

I'm still checking a few times a day from Mobile. There is very little activity.
    The moderation crackdown was literally five years ago. Checking the records it was interesting to see that there has not even been a warning or infraction in over 18 months, let alone a ban. Literally one warning and one infraction in the last 24 months.
    I do not go to the Facebook page. Whoever is managing that appears to put up info about Driven, Season Opener, Season Closer, etc along with attempting to get responses, posts and conversations by asking stimulating questions. I don't know why that does not happen, here.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    I'm still checking a few times a day from Mobile. There is very little activity.
    The moderation crackdown was literally five years ago. Checking the records it was interesting to see that there has not even been a warning or infraction in over 18 months, let alone a ban. Literally one warning and one infraction in the last 24 months.
    I do not go to the Facebook page. Whoever is managing that appears to put up info about Driven, Season Opener, Season Closer, etc along with attempting to get responses, posts and conversations by asking stimulating questions. I don't know why that does not happen, here.
    I was one of the people to get one of those infractions - just an fyi to people so they can know who the real badass is.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Daily lurker on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    The moderation crackdown was literally five years ago.
    And that is about when 780 started to die. When people realized that this forum was seriouz bisnass, and only seriouz biznass was allowed to be on here, they left. So what's your point, because it happened 5 years ago, it somehow isn't relevant? It certainly was the "beginning" of the end. This forum has been actually dead for two years, its more habit than anything that I still come here, occasionally there is good info.

I had to reset my password to login. It's been a while.

And look at that. I'm still a moderator. Lol

I still check in every now and then. Not really sure what the answer is, or if there even is an answer, to the question "how we can make the forum better for those who are still here?".

A few observations:

- UC is as busy as it ever has been on a Friday night

- The marque specific forums or technical focused forums I visit haven't experienced the same decline as 780

- The local Edmonton car discussusion volume didn't move to the 780Tuners Facebook group from the 780Tuners Forum (missed opportunity?)

- Local Edmonton car discussion is alive and well on other Facebook groups, some Edmonton affiliated and some Alberta (EuroYeg, Shit Show, Eurodrivers, etc.)

- Build threads are always nice, but building one on a forum seems relatively labour intensive now days compared to just posting to social media
    00- When I started major build on my car over the last couple years I put the effort into build threads on 944Hybrids and LS1Tech
    00- That effort is rewarded with input and help from the specific technical expertise available on those forums
    00- I just didn't see any benefit to posting about it on 780Tuners, and honestly I was still a little hesitant as there was that period when build threads weren't allowed

- Does the forum need to exist?
    00- I *think* 780Tuners is a business (See comments above about 780Tuners being "only seriouz biznass" and the resulting mod crack down that started the decline)
    00- Does that business still require a forum or can it survive on social media platforms alone?
    Last edited by chrenan; September 11th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

Lurker, dont often have anything productive to say, much like this post. Back to the depths below.
    I used to be a plural dog.