Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    I'm still checking a few times a day from Mobile. There is very little activity.
    The moderation crackdown was literally five years ago. Checking the records it was interesting to see that there has not even been a warning or infraction in over 18 months, let alone a ban. Literally one warning and one infraction in the last 24 months.
    I do not go to the Facebook page. Whoever is managing that appears to put up info about Driven, Season Opener, Season Closer, etc along with attempting to get responses, posts and conversations by asking stimulating questions. I don't know why that does not happen, here.
    They did try that angle of stimulating conversation here for a bit. I got a little think you PM for posting a new thread myself that got some action happening.

The big thing to think about with regards to moderation, is that it's not so much moderation has got lax here, but that after the ban hammer came down hard, everyone left and there was nobody to moderate any more. That's why there hasn't been any infractions.

I remember mods trying to kill threads and start new ones with stupid fucking rules.

Like the "spotted" thread or something like that. Someone wanted to make it look like traffic was huge so instead of being able to post in a single thread, the instructions were to create a thread every time you saw a fucking car.

Stupid shit like that.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I remember mods trying to kill threads and start new ones with stupid fucking rules.

Like the "spotted" thread or something like that. Someone wanted to make it look like traffic was huge so instead of being able to post in a single thread, the instructions were to create a thread every time you saw a fucking car.

Stupid shit like that.
    Remember when they killed the general fitness thread. Like 780tunas was already dying and the regulars were trying to keep it going and then they did that.

Also Jugz was saying the big ban hammer was 5 years ago. Well that was 2013, and 2014 was the heavy decline of 780tunas...

AH! I forgot about that! I'd like your post if I could haha

I forget when it was, but probably around the same time all of the popular threads were archived/closed. Then a shit ton of new rules were created for people to follow -rules to make it look like traffic was increasing by forcing people to create new threads for the dumbest reasons. Nobody followed them.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    AH! I forgot about that! I'd like your post if I could haha

I forget when it was, but probably around the same time all of the popular threads were archived/closed. Then a shit ton of new rules were created for people to follow -rules to make it look like traffic was increasing by forcing people to create new threads for the dumbest reasons. Nobody followed them.
    Exactly, this isn't reddit where you make a post to say critique my dead lift form or my routine. No one is going to make a thread for that here, or if we do were going to get swamped with threads of the same thing but slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Remember when they killed the general fitness thread.
    Did the power engineering thread suffer the same fate or did the original poster eventually close that one?
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

Quote Originally Posted by chrenan View Post
    Did the power engineering thread suffer the same fate or did the original poster eventually close that one?
    I believe it was killed, too. That whole movement of closing threads made no sense, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    And that is about when 780 started to die. When people realized that this forum was seriouz bisnass, and only seriouz biznass was allowed to be on here, they left. So what's your point, because it happened 5 years ago, it somehow isn't relevant? It certainly was the "beginning" of the end. This forum has been actually dead for two years, its more habit than anything that I still come here, occasionally there is good info.
    If it was THAT relevant and THAT many people actually got banned, or left, it would've deteriorated to its current state in 2014. And, it simply didn't.
    "So, so many people were banned" is the complaint, but I can barely think of two. The majority of the shit disturbers did not end up with permanent bans.
    I recall banning a guy who was essentially running a car business in the For Sale section and someone else banned a guy who had a huge build thread and then he came back trying to ask us to delete it because it was "his property" LoL!

Let's not forget about Photo Bucket wiping out terabytes of pictures from forums across the world, including this one. That was a big nail in the coffin.

Still around