Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Thanks for the feedback - we're not here to revive the forums. New blood with legacy forum interface is unlikely to bring in waves of people like it did 10 years ago and we need to continue to grow our FB and IG.

We want to make those who want to stay here happy. If we get some people back - great. Heavy moderation is not required anymore - and if you see yourself wanting to help moderate, throw your hat in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    I'm still checking a few times a day from Mobile. There is very little activity.
    The moderation crackdown was literally five years ago. Checking the records it was interesting to see that there has not even been a warning or infraction in over 18 months, let alone a ban. Literally one warning and one infraction in the last 24 months.
    I do not go to the Facebook page. Whoever is managing that appears to put up info about Driven, Season Opener, Season Closer, etc along with attempting to get responses, posts and conversations by asking stimulating questions. I don't know why that does not happen, here.
    Probably has a lot to do with traffic. A few years ago, you'd be off the forums for a day and miss PAGES of threads.

I log in after a couple days, click "New Posts" and literally nothing comes up. That never used to happen.

People can't get banned if they aren't posting.

As for the forum dying, I'd say that a lot of the guys that used to post here, and make up the core part of the meets, cruises, etc... Well we grew up. Most of us have kids, houses, marriages, etc. Sold the cars, and have trucks and campers now. The "new" generation never stuck around here, and is on FB. Some of us, like myself, don't live in Edmonton anymore. I basically come here out of habit, and to see if Rob is selling any sweet computers I can pick up for cheap haha.

Forums themselves seem to be inhabited by an older crowd now, with younger people on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post

Forums themselves seem to be inhabited by an older crowd now, with younger people on social media.
    I don't even feel old haha (27). I just fucking hate the format that facebook is. It is just a bunch of hard parkers and twats and cliquey as fuck. Forums have everything saved, can always go back and find good shit in them as well. Good luck with facebook or IG.

I will say the facebook market place isn't too bad though.

Keeping making threads like this and this forum will have a constant flow of traffic lol

Also people and things suck

Hondatech and mr2oc/mr2.com both slow on the marketplace side. Yet Facebook equivalent is a constant stream of parts. Its a new world out there...

At minimum we will cross post our content from FB. It is quite amazing how cumbersome forums are for posting photos and videos.
    Last edited by 780admin; September 12th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 780admin View Post
    At minimum we will cross post our content from FB. It is quite amazing how cumbersome forums are for posting photos and videos.
    Maybe, but the bonus is that the images hang out (unless photobucket shits the bed, like it did)

It's a treasure trove of information that lasts decades.

I've been using Imgur for all my uploads here, hoping it doesn't pull a photobucket. It's not too bad to use. A small random tip is if you get an image like "i.imgur.com/12345.jpg" you can put "s" "m" or "l" at the end and get an automatically resized image: 12345m.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    I've been using Imgur for all my uploads here, hoping it doesn't pull a photobucket. It's not too bad to use. A small random tip is if you get an image like "i.imgur.com/12345.jpg" you can put "s" "m" or "l" at the end and get an automatically resized image: 12345m.jpg.
    Another random tip, is if you just hit "Attach" icon in the reply window, you can select the pic to be directly posted on the forum instead of hotlinked from some 3rd party. Which ensures it will be there forever.