Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Man this thread is gold.

Jugz wtf man. And yeah I have no problem with Blocker's infraction on you haha. Dude was always good here.

Make 780tunaz great again.

I check in every now and then.

IMO I think all forums are dying, unless they are specific to a model/brand of car where there is a wealth of information.

To be honest, and this isnt meant to be a bash on the 780 forum but just the hard truth, the only connection people had on this forum is the city. We have a love of cars, racing modifying etc, however the only reason we are connected on this forum is because we are from the same city.

Other forums, IE supra forums. Bmw forums., 6spd online etc have a wealth of information people can search and utilize specifically for their vehicle, and they find the forum that suits their needs.

780 doesnt really have that. 780 was just a place where people yapped about the edmonton car scene, and anonymously chirped and bitched and trashed eachother. The time for that has since passed, and now facebook groups/forums are effectively achieving the same result without the bullshit because its no longer anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

Make 780tunaz great again.
    Love it. Miss the good ol days.

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    I probably deserved this one.... :Lol: I can't access my other accounts as I believe they are permabanned haha

On the flipside, Maverick should've been permabanned years ago. There is no way anyone is that stupid, he is obviously 780's biggest resident troll. So it's pretty shit bag for a Mod to give you an infraction for something you wouldn't have said if they had done their job to begin with.

As long as we're doing screenshots - here's the time JUGZ infracted me for responding to his comment that had what could potentially be perceived as a death threat.

Capture.jpg
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

I might be down to once/week logging in. Would be more interested if there was more traffic.

I tried hard to be positive and contributing, but also have a little fun all the time. I got an infraction from Mark Seto for posting a funny picture. I still checked in for a few years, but that era really showed this place's true colours. I don't come back here anymore unless someone sends me a link to a thread worth reading. The desperation for new content when mods were posting a new thread for every thought that popped into their head trying to generate discussion was pretty off-putting.

Here's the beyond.ca thread discussing the downfall of 780tuners in 2013. https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/375...0tuners-forums

Dear JustinL,

You have received an infraction at 780Tuners Edmonton Car Forums.

Reason: Non Contributing or Useless Post
    -------
    Please refrain from picture replies.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Yet you are all still hear keeping the forum alive while everyone else has left for our FB and IG.

You have all proven your worth now and we want you all to stay.