Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    No offense, but my memory says that you were a pain in the ass for a mod back then and that you may be forgetting some of the crap you did. I'm pretty sure you suspended my account at one point.
    Jugz was easily the worst of the bunch in its prime. Him, and the guy with the M3 were out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    ...Sold the cars, and have trucks and campers now.
    F'n sellouts...

Quote Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post

F'n sellouts...
    The cops have completely killed the car scene in Edmonton. Pretty unfortunate.

As for the forum dying, I'd say that a lot of the guys that used to post here, and make up the core part of the meets, cruises, etc... Well we grew up. Most of us have kids, houses, marriages, etc. Sold the cars, and have trucks and campers now. The "new" generation never stuck around here, and is on FB. Some of us, like myself, don't live in Edmonton anymore. I basically come here out of habit, and to see if Rob is selling any sweet computers I can pick up for cheap haha.

Forums themselves seem to be inhabited by an older crowd now, with younger people on social media.
    Isn't this the truth, I don't feel like I'd even know anybody anymore if I went to one of the meets!! That and pulling in with my pickup and parking between a couple cars wouldn't be "awesome". I do miss the cruises after the meets though, had some good times with a bunch of guys back in the day. I've been tempted to go down on the streetbike on a friday night and see if anybody I knew still goes there.

Jugz was easily the worst of the bunch in its prime. Him, and the guy with the M3 were out of control.

F'n sellouts...
    Hey I still have a cool car!

New gen of cars and people are killing car scene, millenials like tech and computers and junk, lots are not even driving let alone interested in modding their vehicle, unless there's an app for it.

New vehicles now are getting so refined, they make great power, handle great, and probably leave little room for easy improvement. Back 15 years ago, you had 110jo civics with 14" rims, now you get over 200 and 18" plus from the factory, brembo brakes, all the goodies.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Hey I still have a cool car!
    Do you still have the shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by befarrer View Post
    New gen of cars and people are killing car scene, millenials like tech and computers and junk, lots are not even driving let alone interested in modding their vehicle, unless there's an app for it.

New vehicles now are getting so refined, they make great power, handle great, and probably leave little room for easy improvement. Back 15 years ago, you had 110jo civics with 14" rims, now you get over 200 and 18" plus from the factory, brembo brakes, all the goodies.
    This and people modding their cars for "likes".

No feedback. No lessons. No discussion. Just a gay ol' like.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Obviously not. He said he has a cool car.......

Sure do!....