Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Roll Call - Who's left?

Quote Originally Posted by 780admin View Post
    yet you are all still hear keeping the forum alive while everyone else has left for our fb and ig.

You have all proven your worth now and we want you all to stay.
    freeeee candy for errrryone!!!!@!@@!@@

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhite View Post
    freeeee candy for errrryone!!!!@!@@!@@

I check in once in a while.. mainly when there`s updates to any threads I`m subscribed to.

I too check in once in a while, but life has a way of rearranging priorities.

The selective and rampant overmoderation a few years ago contributed substantially to the death of this forum. Some long standing members were permitted to do and say things that most newer members would have been banned a dozen times over for. Newbies were kicked away to the curb in droves - or unceremoniously drummed out in a hail of insults for asking questions deemed beneath that of senior members. What were once intelligent and well formed debates and discussions in the old days devolved into arguments and insult-hurling that entrenched even the most open minded individuals into refusing to see another point of view out of sheer principle. Only the strongest of personalities who manage to put up with the bullshit would remain.

The death of meaningful and intelligent conversation is upon us, and the consequences are now coming home to roost. On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. you are less inclined to think before posting. You have people posting an image of something, or a quote, link or meme - and add no real substance or personal opinion to it. It does still happen, but not as often as it used to. People are too busy getting hits of dopamine from likes, followers, views, tweets and trends.

That’s all I have time for today. My two cents.
    "Wisdom and intelligence are often strangers"

Well we got what we wanted from this thread, there are still people checking in but perhaps not very active. To be clear, we're not looking to revive this forum. We made a decision a while back that 780Tuners focus was going to move to FB and IG and will continue to grow there (you guys should really check it out! Links on the Nav Bar above). If you have any other ideas to make the forum better for you, please PM us.
    Last edited by 780admin; September 13th, 2018 at 11:44 PM.