Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Fiberglass repair

Default Fiberglass repair

How do you go about doing a fiberglass repair where there is a chunk chipped off an outer edge? Think like a bite out of a cookie
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    How do you go about doing a fiberglass repair where there is a chunk chipped off an outer edge? Think like a bite out of a cookie
    I'm guessing the proper way would be to cut a chunk of fiberglass and douse it up with resin where you're missing a chunk. Then sand the fuck out of it to even it out.

Depending what it's on, you could probably just use a bit of body filler to make your life easier.

What he said.

That's what I would do (non-professional). Obviously with either route, you'll sand a lot more than the affected area which would require you to have to possibly primt, re-coat or re-paint, and blend.

If you're doing the amateur route, I would do layers of fiberglass + resin. I'm assuming whatever you're trying to fill has some thickness to it. So, you can either do layers to go a bit bigger than the mating service to leave room for sanding or sandwich a glob of fiberglass + resin in some newspaper so it holds a glob of it. Once dried, tear what paper you can off and sand the shit out of it until all the paper sticking to the resin is gone (you can prime over it). If it's a bit shit, touch up with bondo, sand, etc. back to paint.
    5G 4Runner / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Did Zhao die in a fire?
    His input is required.