Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit and run x2

Default Hit and run x2

So a while ago, one of our vehicle got hit and run, put a smallish dent in the front fender. Got a quote to repair and to me it wasn't worth the cost out of pocket or even the deductible.

Now the vehicle got hit and run again, pushed the back bumper in a bit - quite a bit more noticeable.

Wondering if there is a way to get both things fixed at the same time and only pay one deductible? Vehicle has full coverage.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    So a while ago, one of our vehicle got hit and run, put a smallish dent in the front fender. Got a quote to repair and to me it wasn't worth the cost out of pocket or even the deductible.

Now the vehicle got hit and run again, pushed the back bumper in a bit - quite a bit more noticeable.

Wondering if there is a way to get both things fixed at the same time and only pay one deductible? Vehicle has full coverage.
    I had a hit and run not long ago. I was infuriated when they said deductible applied, as hit and run is essentially an act of god type thing that carries no deductible.

You could try saying you came out and found both damages, so it all goes in as one hit and run. Or you could wait till after the fact and see if the body shop can work the 2nd one into the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    I had a hit and run not long ago. I was infuriated when they said deductible applied, as hit and run is essentially an act of god type thing that carries no deductible.

You could try saying you came out and found both damages, so it all goes in as one hit and run. Or you could wait till after the fact and see if the body shop can work the 2nd one into the quote.
    Yeah i don't know that I'd say it's an act of god but in no way is the policy holder responsible for a hit and run so why should they be obligated to pay a deductible? I was actually pretty shocked to find out that if it didn't have collision, then they wouldn't cover it at all. I hate insurance scams.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Yeah i don't know that I'd say it's an act of god but in no way is the policy holder responsible for a hit and run so why should they be obligated to pay a deductible? I was actually pretty shocked to find out that if it didn't have collision, then they wouldn't cover it at all. I hate insurance scams.
    Well it's something you have zero control over. For some reason hitting a deer is a no deductible accident because of this act of god clause. You actually have less control of a hit and run than you do of hitting a deer, so it still mindfucks me that it's not under the same clause.

Well it's something you have zero control over. For some reason hitting a deer is a no deductible accident because of this act of god clause. You actually have less control of a hit and run than you do of hitting a deer, so it still mindfucks me that it's not under the same clause.
    Yeah thats a good point.

I should just say i backed into a deer
    -Viktimize

You need Comprehensive for deer/animal coverage.
    The reason hit & run has a deductible, and a huge one, is because people would claim 100% of their single vehicle, complete retard accidents on "Bro, it was hit & run" if there was no deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    You need Comprehensive for deer/animal coverage.
    The reason hit & run has a deductible, and a huge one, is because people would claim 100% of their single vehicle, complete retard accidents on "Bro, it was hit & run" if there was no deductible.
    I suppose that's true. But it's still pretty greasy to make billions of dollars a year, and still scrimp at pennies to avoid a few fraud investigations.

Yeah thats a good point.

I should just say i backed into a deer
    win!

I suppose that's true. But it's still pretty greasy to make billions of dollars a year, and still scrimp at pennies to avoid a few fraud investigations.
    Oh, don't get me wrong! They're criminals. Legalized, government required, extortion.