Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit and run x2

Quote Originally Posted by fgramegna View Post
    win!

I don't know anyone who's hit a deer, but apparently that's a long way from an easy payout, too.
    I vaguely recall that they may require proof of the dead animal at the scene and some other horse shit that makes it impossible to claim.
    I was floored when my insurance company told me I'd get fuck all unless I had comprehensive... That's bull shit.

When my rear bumper was torn off by a complete idiot I didn't want the replacement painted in the original 2 tone and wanted 1 solid color instead. Only way the body shop would even do that while still doing the insurance work was with a small payment on top. Was $0 deductible since not at fault and first claim in many years, then $200 to the body shop on top for the single color instead (is a more expensive metallic tri-coat paint)
    Last edited by Izerous; November 29th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    You could try saying you came out and found both damages, so it all goes in as one hit and run. Or you could wait till after the fact and see if the body shop can work the 2nd one into the quote.

This would be tricky. If there's paint transfer from two different cars, based on your story and you were parked by, they might think you're lying and only claim one. If one end has rust on something that typically shouldn't and the rear doesn't, they'll know you're lying since one end's damage is older than the other.

Some of the field guys are really, really good at their job. Well, some of some.
    5G 4Runner / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    I don't know anyone who's hit a deer, but apparently that's a long way from an easy payout, too.
    I vaguely recall that they may require proof of the dead animal at the scene and some other horse shit that makes it impossible to claim.
    I was floored when my insurance company told me I'd get fuck all unless I had comprehensive... That's bull shit.
    Nope. Police report, estimate, and fixed within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    This would be tricky. If there's paint transfer from two different cars, based on your story and you were parked by, they might think you're lying and only claim one. If one end has rust on something that typically shouldn't and the rear doesn't, they'll know you're lying since one end's damage is older than the other.

Some of the field guys are really, really good at their job. Well, some of some.

The great thing about insurance, is that it doesn't matter if they think you're lying. If they can't prove it, they have to pay out whatever your story is. In this case, you're not even saying that one car did both damages. You're saying "Hey, I walked out of the burger joint, and found my car fucked up. Fix it." If they want to be dicks, the adjuster can say that it looks like 2 separate incidents even if they both happened while you were inside one place. Then tell you it's 2 separate deductibles for each repair. At which point you can just say you'll forfeit the one cause it's not worth the deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    I had a deer run into the side of a car of mine years ago and they would've covered it without deduction... however, I took the cash payout and fixed it myself (which meant I had to subtract my deductible).