LubeFX

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: What is Scotch Whisky like? Any tips to drinking it? Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I was told "Anything Glenfiddich. 21 is his favorite"

I'd like to get him something different though rather than more of what he usually gets though if that makes sense. Seems more present like that way.
    Same question. What to buy. But in the 400-500$ range? Need answer in 10 min
    #RAM

Same question. What to buy. But in the 400-500$ range? Need answer in 10 min
    No idea, sorry. I have no experience up there.
    I doubt you can go to wrong, though. It's unlikely someone is able to sell Donaghy Estates quality scotch at those prices. The market won't tolerate it.

I figured it was a long shot asking and that no one would probably see this in time.

We were between glenfarclas 30 single malt and John walker king George V.

We went with the Johney walker, the guys figured it was a nicer looking bottle and box lol.

This was a groomsman present to the groom.
    #RAM

I figured it was a long shot asking and that no one would probably see this in time.

We were between glenfarclas 30 single malt and John walker king George V.

We went with the Johney walker, the guys figured it was a nicer looking bottle and box lol.

This was a groomsman present to the groom.
    I know fornicator has mentioned having one of the Big Boy King George ones, at some point, and he said it was wonderful. I just can't keep track of Johnnie Walker's naming and branding.

Nope. Wasn't me lol I don't like blended scotch. I would have went with the glenfarclas 30 in a heart beat -I'm partial as I have all the glenfarclas age statements from the 10 year up to the 40. Fun Fact: Glenfarclas is the last family-owned distilleries in the world

If your friend likes glenfiddich, he would have also enjoyed the glenfarclas (highland area like glenfiddich and not a blend).
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Nope. Wasn't me lol I don't like blended scotch. I would have went with the glenfarclas 30 in a heart beat -I'm partial as I have all the glenfarclas age statements from the 10 year up to the 40. Fun Fact: Glenfarclas is the last family-owned distilleries in the world

If your friend likes glenfiddich, he would have also enjoyed the glenfarclas (highland area like glenfiddich and not a blend).
    My bad. It was jory. Post #204

Don't get me wrong, on most flights, the only scotch they have is JW black/red. In those cases, I'm an equal opportunity employer and will get blackout drunk on those just as easily as any other scotch.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Costco Scotch??!?
    Someone go buy this and report back. There's a 12yo and a cheaper one. I bet they're actually very good and a super value. 60oz bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Dude, they have an 18 for like $59.

I'm gonna buy a bottle this weekend.
    Does anyone know if they still have some? Was it spotted at the Sherwood Park Costco?

I saw it at the west end costco by the river cree. Only had a handful of bottles left a few weeks ago. Not sure how stocked they keep those.