Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: I just need to Vent!

Thanks

A friend is a bartender at a club and he was visiting some colleages at Hundred bar...

At a bar downtown on Saturday night I saw a 42yo cop leaning up against the bar pull his dick out and start pissing all over the bottom of the bar. Told the managers and they kicked him out after he put up a bit of a fight. When I asked one of his friends wtf he was thinking he says "he's a cop and does shit all the time just to show us how much he can get away with."

Wow. How embarrassing it would be to even know that guy. Some people are either too stupid, or too messed up in the head to belong in any sort of position of power. End rant.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Measuring your steering wheel's thickness while you sleep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    A friend is a bartender at a club and he was visiting some colleages at Hundred bar...
    http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/AboutEP...Standards.aspx
    Originally posted by Veer780
    If animals should be "released to live free" then why are people sitting in jails... they are technically animals too why aren't they free? PETA is stupid.

Thanks

TL;DR: Got screwed hard, faith in system lost Substantially

Referencing this post in another thread with a story of my own. Massive wall of bitter text incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    So over the long weekend we were in Banff and I lost my license somewhere. Probably some rental place that holds your ID as collateral and I never got it back or something but I don't think that is relevant. I misplaced my license while on vacation and obviously with it being a holiday Monday, couldn't get it replaced just yet. Shit happens.

Anyways, last night I was driving to red deer for work, and was stopped at a traffic stop. They stopped me cause of tinted windows but let me off on that ticket but instead gave me one for operating a vehicle without my license in my possession.
    This all happened roughly a month ago: Out for games night with friends - truck was having issues and roads were still fairly clear so pulled the MR2 out for a night and drove it over for a rousing game of D&D; things ran pretty late, roughly 2:00 AM by the time I leave. Make it 4/5 of the way back to the house (roughly 15 minutes worth of driving give or take, for reference) before my phone starts going off repeatedly with calls from friend who was hosting that night. After about seven or eight back-to-back calls I find a spot to pull over...Running lights on but headlights dropped while I'm sitting, car running in neutral with the e-brake up because I'm just stopping to take the call and see what it is he wants but still legally parked, since he's obviously very intent on getting an answer. This is just inside a turn off to a residential neighborhood, I'm maybe a house and a half in and at the curb in the void between two driveways.

Picture it with me for a second.

Here comes the fun part: He's calling to tell me I've left my wallet - and by association my license - on his counter and was trying to catch me before I made it all the way home. As I'm sitting there on the phone an unmarked SUV turns in and rolls past me. They drive by /slowly/ enough that I can see that there are uniformed officers inside, but what do I care? I'm parked legally, I'm pulled over to take a call, everything is fine...

I should have nothing to worry about, yeah?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

They drive up to the next cross street, turn around, come back and roll up behind me. I'm keeping an eye on them after the slow cruise-by, and lo' and behold as soon as they're nosed in behind me the cherries roll. I end my call, put on my dome lights and stick my hand out the driver's side window to let officers know I'm on the wrong side.

Acknowledge both officers and ask if there's a problem, EPS on my side of the car says they just saw me parked and wanted to know what was going on with me sitting there in the middle of the night - have not yet been asked to provide any identification/documentation. I explain where I was and that I was en-route home, another few minutes from where we currently are and that I stopped to take a call after repeated attempts to reach me. Reasonable explanation, corroborated by my D&D stuff and my call history.

Rather than accept this and let me be on my way, EPS now asks for my ID and paperwork. Paperwork in-hand and ready to go since he first rolled the lights, but now have too explain that I do not in fact have my license on me, at which point I provide my full name and address for him to verify as requested. Spent almost /20/ minutes sitting there waiting for him to come back from running me, starting to get a little frustrated by that point because I have maybe two speeding tickets in my entire life and that is absolutely it for infractions so this shouldn't be an all-night ordeal to confirm my details and see that all my documentation is valid and current.

When he finally does come back, EPS hands me not one but TWO tickets - obviously the first being for failing to produce proof of license upon request (51d), and secondly for a vehicle equipment violation. I'm pretty dumbfounded, as I gave a viable reason for not being able to produce license and in all honesty can't fathom a reason for having a stop performed on me in the first place, given the specifics of the situation.

So before I physically take the ticket from the EPS I politely ask if there was any particular reason that they had decided to turn the lights on and approach me. Specifically, if there were any reasonable grounds that caused them to feel the need to turn around and come back and pull in behind me - I get no direct response to this, as the first EPS is citing me for the equipment violation. I let him finish and repeat myself, still getting no discernible response. Been conversing for at least a few more minutes and at this point the secondary EPS has exited the unmarked as well and is on the other side of my vehicle shining his light in so I roll that window down and ask if he has any further concerns, or if he can potentially provide a reasonable cause for why a stopped was performed on me at all.

First EPS is now trying to hand me both tickets so I ask for clarification on the vehicle equipment violation; he responds that as they turned around ahead of me they noticed a headlight out. I inform him that this isn't the case and acknowledge that yes, a bulb in one of my foglights has burnt out but that fogs aren't necessary for the operation of the vehicle. Flick the headlights up, flash the high beams and prove that everything is in order then drop them again and ask for the THIRD time if there was any probable reason for a stop, other than that they saw a running vehicle sitting at the curb fairly late at night. Big turning point here, as second EPS proceeds to reach INTO my vehicle. Pretty shocked at this, so I ask him what he thinks he's doing and state I have not consented to a search nor been given probable grounds for why one should be required, he points to a Jones soda bottle on the seat next to the rest of my stuff and says "We noticed a bottle there when we drove past the first time, that's why we came back."

Explain that it is clearly a soda bottle, and state that I find it doubtful that it was seen at any point prior to them exiting the unmarked and shining the flashlight in the window due to it being dark and as it was under my gaming gear until I moved it substantiate my whereabouts when first questioned. First EPS draws my attention back and chimes in that the "Tickets have already been written up and that I am welcome to take time out of my day to go in and fight them." At this point I'm rather choked and a little shocked about the entirety of our interaction so I take my tickets and drive the remaining distance home.

In summation: $233 for license not on person while in operation and $115 for the out "headlight", no reasonable explanation provided for initial stop, what I would borderline-consider an illegal search of my vehicle, and almost an additional hour of my time spent sitting there. In my opinion the whole encounter made for a pretty sad picture; as someone who was to the best of my own knowledge not violating any laws, I left feeling strongly put off by the way the authority was expressed in the attitudes of the guys making the stop (friendly to cordial to borderline-defensive at the end, as I started to question it) and in the utterly nonchalant way that my concerns were seemingly disregarded at the end as they simply got back in the UC and left after handing me my tickets.

Like other members here I weighed the cost of my time fighting everything and found it to be more expensive than the actual cost of the fines so I've already sucked it up and paid them. This was my first-ever dealing with the EPS in a traffic-stop situation and I came out of it feeling pretty disillusioned, like both the system in place as a whole and the persons involved here in particular had failed me by issuing (what in my opinion were) uneccessary violations and the seeming inability to address my concerns as an otherwise law-abiding citizen when I expressed them.

Sorry not sorry for the novel, I've just been stewing over it again the last day or so.
    [ '93 JDM SW20 GT-S Hard-Top ] - So generic that it hurts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightviaMR2 View Post
    TL;DR: Got screwed hard, faith in system lost Substantially

Referencing this post in another thread with a story of my own. Massive wall of bitter text incoming!

This all happened roughly a month ago: Out for games night with friends - truck was having issues and roads were still fairly clear so pulled the MR2 out for a night and drove it over for a rousing game of D&D; things ran pretty late, roughly 2:00 AM by the time I leave. Make it 4/5 of the way back to the house (roughly 15 minutes worth of driving give or take, for reference) before my phone starts going off repeatedly with calls from friend who was hosting that night. After about seven or eight back-to-back calls I find a spot to pull over...Running lights on but headlights dropped while I'm sitting, car running in neutral with the e-brake up because I'm just stopping to take the call and see what it is he wants but still legally parked, since he's obviously very intent on getting an answer. This is just inside a turn off to a residential neighborhood, I'm maybe a house and a half in and at the curb in the void between two driveways.

Picture it with me for a second.

Here comes the fun part: He's calling to tell me I've left my wallet - and by association my license - on his counter and was trying to catch me before I made it all the way home. As I'm sitting there on the phone an unmarked SUV turns in and rolls past me. They drive by /slowly/ enough that I can see that there are uniformed officers inside, but what do I care? I'm parked legally, I'm pulled over to take a call, everything is fine...

I should have nothing to worry about, yeah?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

They drive up to the next cross street, turn around, come back and roll up behind me. I'm keeping an eye on them after the slow cruise-by, and lo' and behold as soon as they're nosed in behind me the cherries roll. I end my call, put on my dome lights and stick my hand out the driver's side window to let officers know I'm on the wrong side.

Acknowledge both officers and ask if there's a problem, EPS on my side of the car says they just saw me parked and wanted to know what was going on with me sitting there in the middle of the night - have not yet been asked to provide any identification/documentation. I explain where I was and that I was en-route home, another few minutes from where we currently are and that I stopped to take a call after repeated attempts to reach me. Reasonable explanation, corroborated by my D&D stuff and my call history.

Rather than accept this and let me be on my way, EPS now asks for my ID and paperwork. Paperwork in-hand and ready to go since he first rolled the lights, but now have too explain that I do not in fact have my license on me, at which point I provide my full name and address for him to verify as requested. Spent almost /20/ minutes sitting there waiting for him to come back from running me, starting to get a little frustrated by that point because I have maybe two speeding tickets in my entire life and that is absolutely it for infractions so this shouldn't be an all-night ordeal to confirm my details and see that all my documentation is valid and current.

When he finally does come back, EPS hands me not one but TWO tickets - obviously the first being for failing to produce proof of license upon request (51d), and secondly for a vehicle equipment violation. I'm pretty dumbfounded, as I gave a viable reason for not being able to produce license and in all honesty can't fathom a reason for having a stop performed on me in the first place, given the specifics of the situation.

So before I physically take the ticket from the EPS I politely ask if there was any particular reason that they had decided to turn the lights on and approach me. Specifically, if there were any reasonable grounds that caused them to feel the need to turn around and come back and pull in behind me - I get no direct response to this, as the first EPS is citing me for the equipment violation. I let him finish and repeat myself, still getting no discernible response. Been conversing for at least a few more minutes and at this point the secondary EPS has exited the unmarked as well and is on the other side of my vehicle shining his light in so I roll that window down and ask if he has any further concerns, or if he can potentially provide a reasonable cause for why a stopped was performed on me at all.

First EPS is now trying to hand me both tickets so I ask for clarification on the vehicle equipment violation; he responds that as they turned around ahead of me they noticed a headlight out. I inform him that this isn't the case and acknowledge that yes, a bulb in one of my foglights has burnt out but that fogs aren't necessary for the operation of the vehicle. Flick the headlights up, flash the high beams and prove that everything is in order then drop them again and ask for the THIRD time if there was any probable reason for a stop, other than that they saw a running vehicle sitting at the curb fairly late at night. Big turning point here, as second EPS proceeds to reach INTO my vehicle. Pretty shocked at this, so I ask him what he thinks he's doing and state I have not consented to a search nor been given probable grounds for why one should be required, he points to a Jones soda bottle on the seat next to the rest of my stuff and says "We noticed a bottle there when we drove past the first time, that's why we came back."

Explain that it is clearly a soda bottle, and state that I find it doubtful that it was seen at any point prior to them exiting the unmarked and shining the flashlight in the window due to it being dark and as it was under my gaming gear until I moved it substantiate my whereabouts when first questioned. First EPS draws my attention back and chimes in that the "Tickets have already been written up and that I am welcome to take time out of my day to go in and fight them." At this point I'm rather choked and a little shocked about the entirety of our interaction so I take my tickets and drive the remaining distance home.

In summation: $233 for license not on person while in operation and $115 for the out "headlight", no reasonable explanation provided for initial stop, what I would borderline-consider an illegal search of my vehicle, and almost an additional hour of my time spent sitting there. In my opinion the whole encounter made for a pretty sad picture; as someone who was to the best of my own knowledge not violating any laws, I left feeling strongly put off by the way the authority was expressed in the attitudes of the guys making the stop (friendly to cordial to borderline-defensive at the end, as I started to question it) and in the utterly nonchalant way that my concerns were seemingly disregarded at the end as they simply got back in the UC and left after handing me my tickets.

Like other members here I weighed the cost of my time fighting everything and found it to be more expensive than the actual cost of the fines so I've already sucked it up and paid them. This was my first-ever dealing with the EPS in a traffic-stop situation and I came out of it feeling pretty disillusioned, like both the system in place as a whole and the persons involved here in particular had failed me by issuing (what in my opinion were) uneccessary violations and the seeming inability to address my concerns as an otherwise law-abiding citizen when I expressed them.

Sorry not sorry for the novel, I've just been stewing over it again the last day or so.
    Not saying it's right but here's my take...

no reasonable explanation provided for initial stop
    a bulb in one of my foglights has burnt out
    There's your reasonable grounds, which by the way, they legally don't need. They can stop you to see if you have all the required documentation on board, which lo and behold, you didn't. It's also your responsibility to keep your lights working, which I'm sure you know.

borderline-consider an illegal search of my vehicle
    There was no search. He reached in to point at something.

Sucks to get stopped for bullshit, we've all been there. Guess you should've just gone home haha!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResidentEVO For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (January 23rd, 2018), MidnightviaMR2 (January 23rd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Long story, short is RHD tax.
    If so, so many of the kids that drive "JDM, Bro" cars didn't drive like complete shit 104% of the time, the entire group wouldn't draw so much heat.
    Sad that it affected you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

You didn't have your license. And you had a burned out bulb. Pay up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Not shocked that EPS conducted their traffic stop like that. No one wants to be made a fool and have to rip up a ticket after they just wrote it.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    For a fog light? lol shut up Rob

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOLJDM For This Useful Post:

780rx (January 24th, 2018), Delphi (January 24th, 2018), NotZhao (January 23rd, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    Not saying it's right but here's my take...

They can stop you to see if you have all the required documentation on board, which lo and behold, you didn't. It's also your responsibility to keep your lights working, which I'm sure you know.

Sucks to get stopped for bullshit, we've all been there. Guess you should've just gone home haha!
    Pretty much should have have just headed home instead of stopping to take call, in hindsight that much is obvious aha. Like you said just came out of it feeling like it was a total bullshit stop to begin with. Maybe that's just my naivety stemming from never having dealt with a stop first-hand before?

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightviaMR2 View Post
    TL;DR: Like other members here I weighed the cost of my time fighting everything and found it to be more expensive than the actual cost of the fines so I've already sucked it up and paid them.
    Rob you gargantuan goon, next time I'll put an extra Cole's Notes in just for you so don't have to waste my time going back to hack up my post for quotes aha.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Long story, short is RHD tax.
    If so, so many of the kids that drive "JDM, Bro" cars didn't drive like complete shit 104% of the time, the entire group wouldn't draw so much heat.
    Sad that it affected you.
    Seems that way. You guys are correct and they had me dead to rights on non-possession, it just left an extra bitter taste in my mouth because to the best of my knowledge I was abiding by the law, and doing my damnedest to be polite and cooperate during the stop. Even up to the very end when I was starting to get frustrated with the entirety of it, galled me pretty hard when I got the "You're more than welcome to fight it" line in closing.
    [ '93 JDM SW20 GT-S Hard-Top ] - So generic that it hurts.