Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: I just need to Vent!

Your bringing back memories of my last time being pulled over when things went after far as 3 officers surrounding my vehicle and a sidearm being unclipped but not fully unholstered when i reached for my wallet upon their request. Followed every day for 3 weeks until they even had half an legitimate excuse to pull me over and boy were they stretching it. My original post about that is around here somewhere.
    Last edited by Izerous; January 23rd, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    Your bringing back memories of my last time being pulled over when things went after far as 3 officers surrounding my vehicle and a sidearm being unclipped but not fully unholstered when i reached for my wallet upon their request. Followed every day for 3 weeks until they even had half an legitimate excuse to pull me over and boy were they stretching it. My original post about that is around here somewhere.
    Shit I guess I could have had it worse. That's brutal.
    [ '93 JDM SW20 GT-S Hard-Top ] - So generic that it hurts.

Not the first time EPS has pulled a gun on someone reaching for a wallet.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

I think that's precautionary -they did that to me to as I reached in my center console for my insurance and registration. Admittedly, I did it in a spastic way because i wanted to get the documents ready for them before they got to my car.

The second I saw one of the cops unclip their gun, I immediately stuck both hands out my window.

Not my first rodeo lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightviaMR2 View Post
    Pretty much should have have just headed home instead of stopping to take call, in hindsight that much is obvious aha. Like you said just came out of it feeling like it was a total bullshit stop to begin with. Maybe that's just my naivety stemming from never having dealt with a stop first-hand before?

Rob you gargantuan goon, next time I'll put an extra Cole's Notes in just for you so don't have to waste my time going back to hack up my post for quotes aha.

Seems that way. You guys are correct and they had me dead to rights on non-possession, it just left an extra bitter taste in my mouth because to the best of my knowledge I was abiding by the law, and doing my damnedest to be polite and cooperate during the stop. Even up to the very end when I was starting to get frustrated with the entirety of it, galled me pretty hard when I got the "You're more than welcome to fight it" line in closing.

Thanks homie! <3

Seriously though, I think a car idling in a strange place in the middle of the night warrants being checked out, I don't feel they were un-justified in rolling up on you.

And good for you for just paying. Lesson learned, I suppose. And your friend is an asshole for calling you 8 times and freaking you out to the point where you HAD to pull over and answer.

Why didn't he just send you 1 text, which you could have glanced at (also illegal, I know, sue me) and then turned around without the whole pulling over and making a call nonsense.

Also, I realize it's an ancient JDM, but you don't have an aftermarket deck with bluetooth?

Anyways... Sucks that dungeons and dragons night ended up costing you a lifetime of poontang AND two traffic tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Thanks homie! <3

Seriously though, I think a car idling in a strange place in the middle of the night warrants being checked out, I don't feel they were un-justified in rolling up on you.

And good for you for just paying. Lesson learned, I suppose. And your friend is an asshole for calling you 8 times and freaking you out to the point where you HAD to pull over and answer.

Why didn't he just send you 1 text, which you could have glanced at (also illegal, I know, sue me) and then turned around without the whole pulling over and making a call nonsense.

Also, I realize it's an ancient JDM, but you don't have an aftermarket deck with bluetooth?

Anyways... Sucks that dungeons and dragons night ended up costing you a lifetime of poontang AND two traffic tickets.
    Hahahahahahaha

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Thanks homie! <3

Fuck I got a laugh out of that. I already rolled a Nat 20 on the pussy though, so in the end it was just the tickets.

Depends on your version of justified I suppose; if I had been say slouched down in my seat with all my lights off acting heat-bag as fuck while parked in say a school lot or in front of a closed business then I would be a little more understanding of them being suspicious...However as it was I was in a residential neighborhood and making no efforts to detract from the fact that I was there because to my knowledge I had no legal reason not to be; for all they or anyone else was concerned I could have just as easily been parked outside of my own house and getting off of/leaving for work, on my way to get a snack, or any other number of other perfectly innocent reasons that would not necessarily have warranted a full lights-rolling stop.

The fact that they tagged me on a technicality for something that came to light immediately prior to/during the encounter is irrelevant to the fact that this entire thing could have (in my opinion) been handled with a simple question-and-answer interaction rather than being escalated to what it was. Fact of the matter is that it did escalate and there's nothing I can do about it. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to personally feel that it was still unjustified to some extent. To expand:

EPS: -Pulls up alongside and rolls window down-
    "Good evening sir, mind if we ask what you're doing parked here this evening?"

MVMR2: "Not at all, just stopped to take a call. Was on my way home from games night with friends, seemed pretty urgent so I decided to pull over and take it."

EPS: "Oh, where are you coming from and how far away is home?"

MVMR2: -Provides both addresses, home being less than five minutes from current location-

EPS: "Seems reasonable given that home address is very close. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything suspicious here, have a good night"
    ...Obviously this is the hypothetical ideal for how the situation could have unfolded, but is pretty close to verbatim to how other encounters with EPS have gone for me in the past in similar situations ie: walking home from the convenience store late at night. It's not unrealistic of me to think that by providing a reasonable explanation with corroborating evidence that it could have been left at a similar end to what I portrayed above, or at the very least resulted in a warning rather than not one but TWO tickets -
    especially given that my abstract is otherwise spotless and my criminal history non-existent (which would have shown when they ran me) and that I cooperated fully during the stop.

I mean I won't argue that they technically had me for the infractions; paying the fines and repeatedly stating so is about as much as I can do on that account...But I will never agree that the way the encounter was both approached and resolved (including the initial need to stop and 'check up' on the situation) was ever fully necessary.

I guess to simplify my mentality throughout the entirety of it was "I'm not currently nor have I previously done anything wrong leading up to this situation, so reasonably I have nothing to worry about" - which left me feeling let down by the institution in place when I found that I did in fact apparently have things to be worried about.

...Namely the vehicle equipment violation for lights that aren't even necessary for safe operation and in no way fall under any existing heading that I was able to discern. Fucking foglights, man. Not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    For a fog light? lol shut up Rob
    You know... The more I think about it, I'm thinking I would've wasted my time fighting this in court. Why should optional equipment be in perfect working order when many others on the same road don't have it, at all? That's kinda some bull shit, right there.